Cooking For Engineers Forum Index Cooking For Engineers
Analytical cooking discussed.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

New Kitchen Suggestions
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cooking For Engineers Forum Index -> Tools, Equipment, and Gadgets
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Johneegeek

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2005 12:08 pm    Post subject: Re: New Kitchen Suggestions Reply with quote

I think I might have found a nice cooktop, however I've actually never heard of DCS before. I was looking at a Wolf cooktop, but this one is cheaper and has some nice features.

http://www.dcsappliances.com/indoor/detail.php?id=13

(I'm doubt I'd be getting the down draft vent though --Yikes! pricey!)

Does anyone know if DCS is a good brand?
Cop Car

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2005 2:11 am    Post subject: New Kitchen Considerations Reply with quote

Suggestions:

If you are subject to power interruptions (for some reason, we frequently drop power during a storm), it is handy to have a cooktop and an oven that is gas. A match substitutes nicely for the electronic ignition.

It is handy to have surfaces that surround any cooking appliance, topped with ceramic tile--or some other finish that is not damaged by setting hot pots & pans on it. (Forget pullout boards for this purpose. The ones that I've seen are not stable enough under a heavy load.) More fragile surfaces may be used to surround the sink(s).

It's worthwhile thinking about how frequently the kitchen sink(s) actually need to be large. I have a twin stainless steel sink in the kitchen that isn't overly large. However, I enjoy my shallow, but long sink that is in the mudroom. It's handy for soaking grill or baking racks and such. If I need a deep sink, the one in the laundry room fills the bill.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cooking For Engineers Forum Index -> Tools, Equipment, and Gadgets All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum