Cooking For Engineers Forum Index Cooking For Engineers
Analytical cooking discussed.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Off Topic: Thermoworks DOT Thanksgiving 2014 Giveaway!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cooking For Engineers Forum Index -> Comments Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
talon8

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2014 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I grew up watching Martin Yan on Yan Can Cook. Since then I've inherited a Chinese Cleaver that I think belonged to my grandmother. For mashing garlic, ginger, I always go to that rather than my microplane, graters, or any number of other fancy tools just like I learned from Martin Yan 30 years ago. One Giant whack, and I have instant garlic, ginger puree.

Here's a Martin Yan video, for anyone interested: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KRrsifp2FpA

On another note, I could really use the thermometer. I actually just put the exact model on my Christmas list last week!
KingZora

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2014 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A simple toaster oven. I use it for literally everything that doesn't require a cook top. It's more efficient than a full oven, the broiler element is in an extremely close proximity to the food, and it heats up in a fraction of the time.
ameliarobyn

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2014 7:37 pm    Post subject: FAVORITE MULTI TOOL Reply with quote

I make everything in my ninja. Cheese straws dough, Biscuit dough, cookie dough, cakes, mixed drinks, and of course anything i need to chop up goes in there as well. I have burned up every mixer I have ever purchased making divinity and cheese straws. So the NINJA is my secret weapon of choice.
Jim Cooley

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2014 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heh, that's GREAT. Thanks for the tip.

talon8 wrote:

Here's a Martin Yan video, for anyone interested: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KRrsifp2FpA
Jim Cooley

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2014 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anonymous wrote:
I really like my egg slicer. It makes egg salad a breeze and eliminates time consuming chopping.

I like my egg slicer too, from everything from eggs to mushrooms to strawberries.

But I have yet to find a brand whose wires don't break after a while. Goy any recommendations?
tcw1138

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2014 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have to agree with the 8" chef's knife.
Michael Chu

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2014 2:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Contest ends now. All entries showing before this comment will be counted.
Michael Chu

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2014 2:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I found 31 entries for this giveaway. Using random.org, I generated a random number which was #23 and that was watusecook!

Congratulations to watusecook, I'll be contacting you by email to get your preferred color for the DOT and your mailing address.
harbortouch

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 7:17 pm    Post subject: I like my pocket thermometer Reply with quote

I like to use a simple pocket thermometer instead of the digital ones. Every time I try to use my digital thermometer, it's out of batteries and I'm not even sure it's that accurate. My simple chefs pocket temperature indicator works like a charm.

Cathy
TarshaThuss

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2024 7:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Delete this post

I really like my egg slicer. It makes egg salad a breeze and eliminates time consuming chopping.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cooking For Engineers Forum Index -> Comments Forum All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: