Cooking For Engineers Forum Index Cooking For Engineers
Analytical cooking discussed.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Recipe File: Meat Lasagna
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cooking For Engineers Forum Index -> Comments Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2011 10:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is not lasagna. Why don't you consult an Italian for a lasagna recipe? Not an Italian-American, but a true Italian. This would make an Italian throw up.
BillKx

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2011 6:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I definitely prefer the meat lasagna to a veggie lasagna. Often times the veggie lasagna tries to make up for its lack of character with lots of ricotta cheese, which I find is ok in small quantities, but does not agree with my stomach in a veggie lasagna. My 2 cents. Cool
Auspicious

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2011 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anonymous wrote:
This is not lasagna. Why don't you consult an Italian for a lasagna recipe? Not an Italian-American, but a true Italian. This would make an Italian throw up.

Well that's rude. You express disagreement in an uncivil fashion without offering an alternative.

We call such people 'trolls.'
Dilbert

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2011 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oh, I wouldn't get too upset about it.

if Nummy actually had any real Italian experience Nummy would know there's at least three major Italian lasagna "methods" with only a few quadzillion variations of "authentic"

this is why we need to downsize the Federal government - as demonstrated in this instance, the Department of Education ain't working - can be eliminated in toto with zero impact.
jqueeng02

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2011 7:58 am    Post subject: love it Reply with quote

Lasagna is my childhood favorite!!!hurray to all meat lovers...
Traveler

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2011 1:39 am    Post subject: cook prior to freezing ??? Reply with quote

When wanting to prepare lasanga ahead of time to serve at a later date is it better to cook first and then freeze or freeze the uncooked dish and cook it at the time/date prior to meal?? or does it matter. Just want to take the dish already prepared on a weekend retreat
Auspicious

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2011 2:21 pm    Post subject: Re: cook prior to freezing ??? Reply with quote

Traveler wrote:
When wanting to prepare lasanga ahead of time to serve at a later date is it better to cook first and then freeze or freeze the uncooked dish and cook it at the time/date prior to meal?? or does it matter. Just want to take the dish already prepared on a weekend retreat

I do this regularly on offshore yacht deliveries. It is much more work to reheat already cooked lasagna without drying it out. I assemble the lasagna and freeze it directly. I pull it out of the freezer about half a day before it is due to go in the oven and cook as directed in the instructions. My crew are very happy with the result.
kk paris

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2015 12:44 pm    Post subject: a little love Reply with quote

Hi there,

Just a quick note to say thank you! : )

I first came across this recipe ten (!!) years ago when you put it up, and I've made it a handful of times since then. It's fantastic! Fine if it's not "authentic Italian" - my family and guests have always devoured it. Last night I even made a smaller vegetarian one on the side and did a separate sauce (onion, garlic, crumbled tofu, finely diced mushroom + the tomatoes plus some oregano). You can find my yummy photos on Instagram @ kk paris (no spaces)

I prefer to use 100% lean organic ground beef and have never considered it "heavy" or "greasy". Many thanks for many years of gustatory pleasure! I've finally copied it into a pdf in case someday when I google Engineer Lasagna, your site no longer exists. : )

All best,
Katherine
gabby

PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2015 3:24 pm    Post subject: double the meat Reply with quote

I have been using this recipe for Christmas dinner for years and my family loves it! This year I doubled the meat (1 lb of ground sausage and 1 lb of ground sirloin) and it tasted even better! Also, I forgot to buy the fresh basil so I used 8 tsp of dried basil instead. Thanks for this recipe!!!
Auspicious

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2016 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I have posted in this thread before. I use this recipe regularly. My wife is Italian, from a large Italian family. Everyone's favorite lasagna is mine, and I have not a drop of Italian blood in my veins. I also make this up ahead and freeze it (uncooked) to take on yacht deliveries (my job - I'm a skipper). I'll be making lasagna this weekend for a forthcoming trip. The only change I have made is to use regular cook-it-yourself pasta.
Dilbert

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2016 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I tried the no cook approach a couple times - generally not happy with the results so I've gone back to cook/drain as well....
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cooking For Engineers Forum Index -> Comments Forum All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
Page 7 of 7

Jump to: