Cooking For Engineers Forum Index Cooking For Engineers
Analytical cooking discussed.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Recipe File: Meat Lasagna
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cooking For Engineers Forum Index -> Comments Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2005 5:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why are we so concerned about how "real lasagna" is supposed to look or taste. I like this one. I dont care if it is made with a certain sauce. If it's good eat it!! Dont cook it if you dont like it.
linda

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2005 5:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thank you for your recipe for the lasagna , i never made it before , i am very happy to find . linda
Umpy13

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2005 12:32 am    Post subject: Lasagna...yummmm Reply with quote

Got a hankerin' to try and make lasagna for the first time, and ran across your recipie.

Bought all the fresh fixin's , and voila, the perfect dinner.

Wink Turned out spectacular for a first attempt. Wink

I do need to purchase a deeper dish, as the one I used only allowed two layers, but man what a great two layers it was.

Cannot wait to reheat it tomorrow.

Teasing My loving wife is duly impressed. Teasing
kathie3461

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2006 8:17 pm    Post subject: meaty lasagna Reply with quote

Hi All,

I can't locate Fulvio recipe on the forum site, is this a failed IQ test?
However, I have immensely enjoyed reading this site and gathering valuable information; love the recipe diagrams...

Cheerio,
-Kathie-
kathie3461

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2006 2:19 am    Post subject: Meat lasagna Reply with quote

I can't find Fulvio recipe, can someone assist me...
elisaricci78

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2006 11:28 am    Post subject: lasagne alla bolognese - original recipe Reply with quote

As always cooked in my family:

1) the main step is to prepare a good ‘ragů alla bolognese’ and you can do it following the following simple steps.
- chop ˝ carrot, a small piece of celery, a piece of onion and put them in warm olive oil. Let them fry slightly for a couple of minute, adding if you want a clove of garlic and a fresh chilli.
- Add 10,5 oz minced beef meat and 2 minced fresh pork sausages. Mix and let the meat gently cooking with the chopped vegetables for at least 10 minutes. After that, you must high the flame and you must steam the meat with a cup of white wine. Let everything cook for 2 minutes and then add 3 cans of peeled tomatoes previously chopped.
- The ragu must simmer for at least 90 minutes and then it is ready for our lasagne

Original lasagne recipe contains only fresh egg pasta, ragů, béchamel sauce and grated Parmigiano.
2) Preparing egg pasta: you have to mix 10,5 oz wheat flour with 3 eggs. Then you have to roll out the dough and make some rectangle ( 7,5 x 6 in). Start cooking them in boiling water (with a tbl spoon olive oil) until they came up to the surface. Take them out and put in cool water. Spread the rectangles on a cloth for drying.
3) Preparing béchamel sauce: melt 7 oz butter on a low flame then add 7oz wheat flour and mix on the flame and gently cook for 2 minutes. Add a little nutmeg and gradually add 0,3 gal hot milk. Keep mixing until the sauce will be reduced.
4) Mix the béchamel with ragů and start to prepare the layers in this way: one layer pasta, one layer ragů + béchamel, one light layer of grated Parmigiano. Keep making layer until the lasagne will be 3 in high.
5) Put the lasagna in the oven (temp. : 380F) until you’ll se it swelling

Elisa - Italy
kathie3461

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2006 1:00 am    Post subject: Meat Lasagna Reply with quote

Dear Elisa, Ohhh, thankyou ever so much. I'll must try it this weekend, all panning out ok that it. Cheerio, -Kathie-
David

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 7:08 pm    Post subject: recipe for Meat Lasagna Reply with quote

recipe for Meat Lasagna
I tried this recipe. I now wish the writer had put the list of ingediants at the front of the recipe rather then at the end. The need for 1/2 cup chopped basil leaves was not stated in the write up until the write up said to add it. So I had to stop and prepare it. While the color photos shown on the web site are nice, I printed (in black and white) the pages out to have in my kitchen to follow while I prepared the recipe and found the photos were not much help. Also I prefer to drain off the fat from browning the meat before adding the tomato ingredients. Consequently, from this experience, I will now try recipes found at other web sites before I try another recipe from this site.
David, an Engineer learning to cook better. Anger

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think all the people that will not eat meat are great. That means MORE MEAT for all of us NORMAL people.
chellelouise

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 5:17 am    Post subject: lasagne Reply with quote

Bechamel sauce does not take that long, nor is it hard to prepare. i am a chef and lasagne takes me 15mins to prepare, and 25 mins to cook.
Boil milk , add roux, add cheese, blend or whisk, wahlah, easy bechamel, 5 mins work....
S. Irene Virbila

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 9:14 pm    Post subject: Lasagna Reply with quote

If you don't like meat, you can use your own poop while you back and forth forever. ))<>(( All you vegetarians are cowf%#kers.
dmarshall

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2006 6:18 am    Post subject: lasagna Reply with quote

i used turkey sasuage and ground turkey meat. tasted great.
forgetful cook

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2006 1:26 am    Post subject: lasagna Reply with quote

has anyone ever used the need to boil first kind of noodle,uncooked,in a lasagna before and what was it like? today I made a pan of lasagna and everything was going well, I assembled the dish with what I thought were the pan ready noodles, and after all was put together I noticed the box said to boil first. What will happen? I have added extra water and will be cooking the dish next week, it is now in the freezer.
Velvet1115

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2006 1:23 pm    Post subject: lasagne recipe Reply with quote

As someone who has just returned from Italy (mainly Venice, Florence, and Rome) I'd like to put my two cents in here.
Yes, the recipe here is a bolognese-type sauce: Meat-tomato sauce.
I found this version occasionally in Rome.
More common were versions of the bechamel-based sauce which I found in Florence and Venice. This is probably due to the fact the bechamel sauce is French in origin and the French cuisine has mixed with the Italian cuisine somewhat- especially the farther North you go.

What I found is that the bolognese-type lasagne that we Americans are familiar with had a much denser feel. My assessment was that this was due to the strong flavors of the tomato-based bolognese sauce as well as possibly the denser feel of the ready-made lasagne noodles.

The lasagne that I had in Italy was very light in feel and flavor. They often do meals in first and second courses- the first being the pasta course. The pastas have to have a lighter feel or the Italians couldn't make it to the second course. The lighter, and better tasting lasagna (just my opinion) was the lasagne with the tomato/bechamel sauce mixture. There was very little meat. I think the tomato sauce portion of this sauce may be cooked with some proscuitto to give it flavor and possibly a little very fine ground beef. I believe this version that tasted soooo good was also made with freshly made noodles as they seemed lighter in texture. Where the typical American lasagne might have 4 layers, these seemed to have 6-8 thinner layers. I think also that the laurel or bay leaf and the grouns nutmeg may also contribute to the difference in flavor.

I think you should make whichever version you like. You've got to eat it and it should suit to taste.

I must say I was very turned off by the rude people who felt this forum was a place to degrade vegitarians. I'm not vegetarian but I don't think there is anything wrong with it. It's just a life-style choice not much different that not eating other foods such as seafood or sushi. If you live in America, then stop being an idiot and embrace the tolerance for other people's personal beliefs since personal freedoms were the basis for forming this country ! OK. I've said my peace.
K Guest

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2006 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

umm just wanted to say that this recipe is good and you should try makin it with a different kind of sauce ... is it better really with that alfredo sauce? well if anyone have anymore good recipes for me, please share because i have this one cooking class and i would like to make something that i never made before THANK YOU... jus email them to lilladii4lyf3@yahoo.com or at k_ladii@yahoo.com
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cooking For Engineers Forum Index -> Comments Forum All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 3 of 7

Jump to: