Cooking For Engineers Forum Index Cooking For Engineers
Analytical cooking discussed.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Great website!
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cooking For Engineers Forum Index -> Cooking For Engineers Website Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pickles

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2006 3:37 pm    Post subject: Great website! Reply with quote

Hey.
I found this site about a week ago, I have read almost everything and its just a fantastic website.

However I notice you have a small problem with spam. Might I recommend you require all posters to register.
You might also want to have a browse of the phpbb mods section to find a few mods to help with spam (ie, people reporting it to the mods and so forth).

Will be making butter in a few days, never knew it was so easy.
So glade I found this place!
joecroo

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2006 3:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent website. This is such a great idea. Thanks for putting this together.
socal_chris

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 1:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just wanted to chime in with how great this site is too.

I love the technical layout of cooking and pictures of everything. Makes everything so much easier. I also love the forum aspect so we can all talk about our successes and failures, and give suggestions to one another. I'm a forum junkie in the automotive world.

This format beats cooks.com, foodtv.com, and epicurious.com. Just need to get the recipe count up there.

Thanks to the forum hosts/moderators. Any way we can contribute to help out?
chloe

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2006 9:56 pm    Post subject: more praise Reply with quote

i just want to say i love this website too! especially the recipe card-chart format, it's exactly what i need to see in order to visualize what i'm doing. genius!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 8:49 pm    Post subject: Hear, Hear! Reply with quote

Thanks, Mike. Excellent site, and I agree, the recipe card format is superb...
(Typing this while the Beef Strog. cooks. Tastes good so far!)
Incidentally, here in 'Reindeer Country, at the Arctic Circle, I couldn't find sour cream. No good getting ordinary cream and leaving it outside, 'cos it's -12 degrees celcius at the mo' ;-)
So, I found a substitute - Smetana. Seems to do the same job.

-Cheers
-Andy

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 11:35 pm    Post subject: awesome site!! Reply with quote

Was looking for tiramisu recipe and found this awesome website! what a great idea.
iamwil

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, it's about time someone put up a decent site on cooking. It's not so much that it's for engineers, as it's uncluttered, and focuses on the content, rather than distracting ads all over the place. Good job.

But you could have a better captcha. That one seems easy to break, since there's no non-linear transform on it.
luckygardnr

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with all of the above. You've made simple sense out of recipes I've been scared to try. Your chicken marsala is to die for, and today I made your Shepherd's Pie. I've never made one before and it was soooo easy. My husband is going to be on cloud 9! Yum!

THANK YOU!
julian

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 2:02 pm    Post subject: Great Website Michael Reply with quote

I just found this website 3 days ago looking for a cooking forum where I
didn't have to register for it. I LOVE THIS MICHAEL!Don't worry about me putting spam on your website. Big smile
snel afvallen

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2011 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love and hate this site Big smile loving because of all delicious receipes and hating because how longer you are here how more weights are welcome into the body Teasing but I love this site more than I hate it;)

declicious food must be made and eaten ofcourse.
monkeybiz

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2011 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just found this website. one of the more fantastic website ideas I have seen this year. can't wait to drive into the content.
LanZamora

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2011 4:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow this is great thanks
Dude111

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2011 12:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome everyone Smile
Rudolfgomez

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2011 6:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah this really helps people who are studying Hotel and Restaurant Management. I can get new ideas and tips. thanks amuch Laughing Out Loud
RosalieJohnson

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love this website. Im always into cooking and I get a lot of recipes and ideas here. Thanks.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cooking For Engineers Forum Index -> Cooking For Engineers Website Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum