Cooking For Engineers Forum Index Cooking For Engineers
Analytical cooking discussed.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Recipe File: Shepherd's Pie (Cottage Pie) Comments Tangent

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Saintplums

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2006 6:02 pm    Post subject: Re: Who hasn't tried it? Reply with quote

Doug wrote:
First of all, thanks to whoever maintains this forum. I cam across it by accident this morning and I am most impressed by the way it is structured.

Admittedly, I am from a very English family, but I'm really surprised at how many people seem to be trying cottage pie for the first time!

I was brought up on the stuff (and I hasten to add, never brought it up!), and at the ripe young age of 40, we still have it at least once every couple of weeks.

I have to admit, though, that we don't generally wait for leftovers, as these are a rarity in our house!

Very good point Doug,

although to be fair, you should have informed these bloody yanks, that Shepards Pie and Cottage Pie are two different dishes....

They'll be calling Chips, Fries and Crisps-Chips next...

And why take the U ouy of Colour? It's sodding English.. It has a U!
JohnnyFartPants

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2006 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cottagers pie is an entirely different thing, however.
Sweet Piglet

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2006 6:05 pm    Post subject: Re: Who hasn't tried it? Reply with quote

Saintplums wrote:
Doug wrote:
First of all, thanks to whoever maintains this forum. I cam across it by accident this morning and I am most impressed by the way it is structured.

Admittedly, I am from a very English family, but I'm really surprised at how many people seem to be trying cottage pie for the first time!

I was brought up on the stuff (and I hasten to add, never brought it up!), and at the ripe young age of 40, we still have it at least once every couple of weeks.

I have to admit, though, that we don't generally wait for leftovers, as these are a rarity in our house!

Very good point Doug,

although to be fair, you should have informed these bloody yanks, that Shepards Pie and Cottage Pie are two different dishes....

They'll be calling Chips, Fries and Crisps-Chips next...

And why take the U ouy of Colour? It's sodding English.. It has a U!

Please be kind to Doug, he obviously has "issues". He says he came across this site by accident this morning, searching for cottaging pies?? hmmmm. I rest my case.
judorick

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2011 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

shepherds pie! that's my fav... gotta have peas and gravy though <drool>
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cooking For Engineers Forum Index -> Jokes All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum