Cooking For Engineers Forum Index Cooking For Engineers
Analytical cooking discussed.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Hattori HD?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cooking For Engineers Forum Index -> Tools, Equipment, and Gadgets
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Amadio

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2005 4:31 am    Post subject: Hattori HD? Reply with quote

I just realized that all the knives I've ever owned were poo. So I've read Michaels article, done some additional research. Held perspective knives for comfort and balance, and now it's time to buy.

The problem is that I need to own a knife that performs, has a nice feel, and that I find aestheticly pleasing. So that leads me to the sexiest knives I have ever seen (in my price range), the Hattori HD.

Wouldn't you know it, but there doesn't seem to be a retailer in my state that sells the darn things for me to hold. The reviews I've read say they are great performers, high QC, and I think I've seen here on these forums that I should expect to buy more after my first.

Can anyone tell me what they like about their Hattori HD's or why I should consider keeping my sights on the less sexy Mac and Tojiro knives?
Amadio

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2005 8:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, It came down to I need to get the Hattori HD Gyuto 240mm in my grubby little mits and take it for a test drive through the holiday cooking season so that if need be I can take advantage of Koki's sale again before it ends on Jan. 10th.
Amadio

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2005 7:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did you ever get your Hattori?
Amadio

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2005 7:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sure did, and I love it. It's beautiful, and Razor sharp. I managed to spill a little blood without realizing it until I noticed dried blood on my hand when washing up this evening.

It's an absolute treasure and Koki was great. Seki to Seattle in Two and a half days.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2005 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Amadio wrote:
Did you ever get your Hattori?

You talking to yourself these days, Amadio? Laughing Out Loud
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cooking For Engineers Forum Index -> Tools, Equipment, and Gadgets All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum