Cooking For Engineers Forum Index Cooking For Engineers
Analytical cooking discussed.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Off Topic: Thermoworks Thermapen 2013 Giveaway!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cooking For Engineers Forum Index -> Comments Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Scott

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2013 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd buy one for myself, if I could afford it.
daephin

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2013 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been eying these for years. If I were to finally get one, it would definitely be for myself.
Savannagal

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2013 9:51 pm    Post subject: Thermapen Reply with quote

I've wanted to buy one of these for my husband for a long time. Every time I think about it they are out of stock. This is a wonderful giveaway. Thanks, and good luck to everyone.
rogerrever

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2013 10:04 pm    Post subject: Thermoworks Thermapen 2013 Giveaway! Reply with quote

Yes, I would definitely give as gift -- to myself that is
oricon

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2013 10:05 pm    Post subject: Thermapen giveaway Reply with quote

Definitely - I might get it for my father-in-law.
Rishu73

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2013 11:07 pm    Post subject: ThermaPen giveaway... Reply with quote

I I won the ThermaPen, I'd give it to my wife, a professional personal chef. She's just about worn out her old one!
sarahliz

PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2013 1:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I keep eying the thermapen for myself but honestly I'm unlikely to buy one since I'm not sure I'd use it enough to justify the price.

I have a different brand of probe thermometer that I'm reasonably happy with for meat (which is really all I use one for). If the probe on it dies I may switch up to the thermoworks version as a replacement since it appears to be easier and cheaper to replace the probe for it than for some other brands.
Siff

PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2013 1:48 am    Post subject: Thermapen Reply with quote

I'll buy one Thermapen as a gift for a friend who always overcooks his steaks! I'll also get one lighted for myself! Smile
Annette

PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2013 2:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been wanting to buy one of these for myself for a long time now, especially as I start getting into ever more complicated baked goods.
FrankLy

PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2013 2:55 am    Post subject: Comment for the Thermopen giveaway Reply with quote

I really want one for myself. I typically buy at least one thermometer a year as they seem to go bad. I check them periodically with ice water and boiling water. I usually buy a new one to do the Thanksgiving turkey. Many of the bargain brand ones either are too inaccurate or simply don't last very long. I am not sure why.

Thanks,
Frank
krisk

PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2013 3:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would totally buy one as a gift for myself.
trb

PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2013 12:20 pm    Post subject: A Gift For Me Reply with quote

I'd like to say I'd give this to my girlfriend, but really I'd be giving it to myself. I've had my eye on one of these for a while, but never pulled the trigger on a purchase.
ChefB

PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2013 9:02 pm    Post subject: Meat & Beer Reply with quote

Me, me, me, me...but the end product would be shared. Just in time for cooking a standing rib roast and brewing a holiday ale.
anson

PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2013 10:54 pm    Post subject: I am selfish Reply with quote

I would get the Thermapen for myself. I am so ashamed.
yoursjulie

PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2013 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd unashamedly gift it to myself -- but primarily because I'm awful at judging the doneness of meat. It's a service to others, really...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cooking For Engineers Forum Index -> Comments Forum All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 5 of 9

Jump to: