Cooking For Engineers Forum Index Cooking For Engineers
Analytical cooking discussed.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Off Topic: Thermoworks Thermapen 2013 Giveaway!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cooking For Engineers Forum Index -> Comments Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
njmotmot

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2013 5:20 pm    Post subject: thermapen Reply with quote

I would like a thermapen to give to my boss who is a reluctant cook but likes gadgets. I think it would really help him cooking meat and other. (I have had one for years and use it all the time).
jfowlie

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2013 5:23 pm    Post subject: I'd get one for me, first! Reply with quote

I just served a raw 16.5lb turkey to my family, as my existing thermometer apparently started misreading the actual temperature.

I thought it had cooked awfully quickly, but had trusted my thermometer so absolutely, it had to be correct.

Not even close. Carving the turkey was more like surgery than supper.

I'd buy a second one for my father after that -- he's the next most likely to cook items requiring a good thermometer, and he appreciates fine, reliable equipment.
toebone

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2013 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd keep it for myself! I'm sick of cheap thermometers falling apart or dying after a few months, and I hear thermapens are amazing for brewing beer!
redtuna29

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2013 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I definitely keep the thermopen for myself. I am the main cook in a large household and regularly cook large feasts. I have a Thermoworks oven thermometer that is awesome, but a quick pen would be the most useful. Thanks!
LOL_Cool_J

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2013 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This one is definitely a keeper. It's been on my wish list for quite some time.
Trey Jackson

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2013 6:14 pm    Post subject: It'd be for me Reply with quote

Who am I kidding? I'm the tech geek in the family, so I'd be using this the most. But my wife would appreciate having a quick way to test temperatures of roasts and bread.
kerz

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2013 6:40 pm    Post subject: Winner! Reply with quote

I'd get one for my Dad, so he can experiment with roasts the same way I've been doing.
Emummy

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2013 6:56 pm    Post subject: thermopen Reply with quote

I would LOVE the thermopen for myself! If I had a lot of extra cash, I
would also like to give one as a gift to the friend who agreed to take an online course on Food and Science with me Smile
billman

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2013 7:03 pm    Post subject: Thermapen Reply with quote

I've always felt complete joy when I find a tool that has surpassed my expectations for quality and ergonomics - it enhances the task at hand and makes an otherwise difficult job enjoyable. I have no doubts that the Thermapen will fit into this lofty and rare category of tools. I would love one for myself of course, and, as an added bonus for someone who agonizes endlessly trying to find the perfect gift match, will find it easy to do Christmas shopping for a couple of special people.
tcw1138

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2013 7:13 pm    Post subject: Thermapen gift Reply with quote

I would give one to my wife so that she can experience the same joy in her baking as I experience in my cooking.
cosborne

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2013 7:19 pm    Post subject: Upgrade Reply with quote

I would use this to upgrade my current (it's a Taylor, I think). It has been giving me great results but doesn't read quite as quickly as the Thermopen is famed to do.

My mother is getting more into cooking and I would pass her the current, I believe.
BobDiscord

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2013 7:49 pm    Post subject: Thermapen Reply with quote

I would absolutely buy a thermapen as a gift for myself or any of my cheffy friends. That probe thermometer looks pretty enticing too...
petesopete

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2013 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd definitely buy one (or two) from myself!
nlbarber

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2013 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd buy one for myself and maybe even one for my sister-in-law...she's an engineer.
bense

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2013 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just purchased one, and it is in route to me as I type this. I would give a second one to my mother in law who cooks for us all the time.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cooking For Engineers Forum Index -> Comments Forum All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 4 of 9

Jump to: