Cooking For Engineers Forum Index Cooking For Engineers
Analytical cooking discussed.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Off Topic: Thermoworks Thermapen 2013 Giveaway!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cooking For Engineers Forum Index -> Comments Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
alextc78

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2013 8:20 am    Post subject: yes please Reply with quote

I admit I already own a thermapen, but I would love to get myself a gift of a second one, as well as many of my cooking friends who still don't understand the awesomeness of instant read and precision. Many of them still use your old fashioned meat thermometers, which I find useless now.
bmuir1616

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2013 11:56 am    Post subject: Great Pen Reply with quote

I use this product, but could use another. Thanks, Bill
monkeybash

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2013 11:59 am    Post subject: Thermapen Reply with quote

I'd love to buy one for my father-in-law, but he knows how much they cost and would kill me if he knew I paid full price for one. I already have one for myself though and know it is totally worth it! Smile
drstong

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2013 1:23 pm    Post subject: Chance for a thermapen AND I get to say Hi? Yes, please. Reply with quote

I'd buy one for myself, of course. My instant read is slower than me. And I'd buy one for my daughter, who loves to cook well. Thanks for your great posts, and for this opportunity!
mcmoto

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2013 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would totally buy one for a lot of different members of my family as we all love to cook. One for me would be great too, my wife can be a little paranoid about the doneness of things.
jmathews

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2013 2:14 pm    Post subject: Me Reply with quote

I'd buy one for myself, I'm selfish Smile.
TheCleric

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2013 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would definitely buy one for myself. Every time I see one used it seems to read in an instant, while my current thermometer seems to take 50 years.
512foodie

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2013 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's not that I'm selfish, but I would use the pen for myself and at work. I have other thermometers currently but have secretly lusted after the quickness of the ThermoPen. I'd definitely use it for breads and proteins, as it would decrease the time I'd need an over door open.
KingZora

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2013 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have been wanting to buy one as a gift for myself for a long time, but they are a bit out of my price range... My old cheap thermometer broke recently so here's to hoping I can replace it soon!
rmcfadin

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2013 3:41 pm    Post subject: Count me in Reply with quote

I would love a chance at this. I know people who use then and they love them.
Jim Cooley

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2013 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wouldn't join any contest that would have me as a member.

Besides which my Taylor timer/temp probe works fine, and when that fails I have a mechanical Taylor to back me up.

And a watch.
jodeleeuw

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2013 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would love to get one for myself since all the other kitchen thermometers I've owned over the years have failed so quickly.
rcdziedzic

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2013 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would buy two pens--one for myself, and one for my dad. My constantly tiff over the best way to cook different meats. Having an easy-to-use thermometer around would eliminate the debate about when to remove the meat from the grill or the oven. As engineers, anything so clear-cut at a temperature would make everyone's lives around the holidays a much smoother experience. Also, I'd obviously like one for myself, so that I could accompany the main dish with some homemade caramels for dessert.
carryurcandle

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2013 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would love to buy one of these pens for my guy. He loves gadgets, and loves to cook. Perfect!
Auggie

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2013 5:20 pm    Post subject: Thermapen is an obsession of mine Reply with quote

it's just outside my impulse buy range, sadly. Winning one would be awesome.. I could finally toss my tired old dial "instant read" therms.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cooking For Engineers Forum Index -> Comments Forum All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 3 of 9

Jump to: