Cooking For Engineers Forum Index Cooking For Engineers
Analytical cooking discussed.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Off Topic: Thermoworks Thermapen 2013 Giveaway!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cooking For Engineers Forum Index -> Comments Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
littlepotato

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2013 2:06 am    Post subject: Thermapen Reply with quote

I've lusted after these for years after seeing them and reading about them at Cook's Illustrated. I would get one for my mom, but she was lucky enough to get one from a restaurant (for free!?), so I'd have to say I'd keep this for myself Smile
HypnoToad

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2013 2:22 am    Post subject: My sister Reply with quote

That looks pretty cool, so I'd get one for my sister. I'm not much of a cook or baker (yet), but she's excellent. She's even in the process of starting her own bakery catering business to try to make money doing what she loves, so any tools to help her make the perfect brownies, cakes, or anything else will come in very handy.
dsbernhardt

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2013 2:40 am    Post subject: Thermapen! Reply with quote

I would indeed buy a pen for my husband, who loves cooking gadgets more than I do (even though I am the engineer in the family).
Chelsearode

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2013 3:00 am    Post subject: Thermapen Reply with quote

I would definitely get this for my husband and his many grilling and meat experiments. And then I would "borrow" it from him for my salted caramel cupcakes (his fave).
bookwyrm

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2013 3:09 am    Post subject: Thermapen Reply with quote

I'd either buy it for myself, or for my dad. He bakes bread all the time, and I like to make candy and yogurt.
hstanfi

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2013 3:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have been wanting one of these for years!! Never even thought to use it for bathwater. It would be perfect for a salted caramel cake that I've been dying to make...maybe for Christmas if I win??!?!
Shboom

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2013 3:37 am    Post subject: Absolutely on my list NOW - for me Reply with quote

This is on my wish list NOW at Amazon.com. I always look for as much precision as i can find when cooking - it gives me courage. I weigh ingredients when I can. I even convert favorite recipes to weight versions. I decided the Thermapen would be awesome for measuring temp of fat for deep frying, liquid when making naan or other yeast bread and to test cakes. Being able to measure the temp that quickly without losing as much heat from the oven would be great.

Thanks for having this give away.
yourstruly42

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2013 3:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm currently unemployed, so gifts this year will entirely consist of baked goods. That said, I've been lusting after a Thermapen ever since I first saw them, and I could definitely see myself gifting this to some of my cooking-loving family members (or, I admit, to myself).

Cheers,
Julie
mariusm

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2013 3:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I already own a Thermapen. While I would love a second one to keep for myself, if I were to win one then I would gift it to my friend Greg, who has been wishing he had one ever since he saw mine.
audreygrace17

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2013 3:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Thermapen sounds like a great improvement on my meat thermometer that I currently use. Normally I have to wait for the dial to move and it takes over 20 secs to get an accurate reading. I would buy one for myself!
brendal

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2013 4:46 am    Post subject: probably for myself! Reply with quote

i would probably buy one for myself to try it out first!
iliadawry

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2013 4:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd want to try one out for myself before getting them as gifts. I'm also the only serious cook I know very well, so!
andrew_was_here

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2013 4:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would gift the food, and keep the Thermapen.
ChrisA

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2013 4:54 am    Post subject: Thermapens look awesome! Reply with quote

I would love to purchase a Thermapen thermometer as a gift - for myself. I cook for both my immediate family and for my mother, and checking the proper temp of meats and other stuff is something I do frequently. I would love to have a quality tool to do this with!
Kartusch

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2013 5:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would love to get the thermapen as gift for my husband. He is a griller and sous vide user who approach them both with a need for precision
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cooking For Engineers Forum Index -> Comments Forum All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 2 of 9

Jump to: