Cooking For Engineers Forum Index Cooking For Engineers
Analytical cooking discussed.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

CP Basil - d*mn good wooden ware

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cooking For Engineers Forum Index -> Tools, Equipment, and Gadgets
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dilbert

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 9:53 pm    Post subject: CP Basil - d*mn good wooden ware Reply with quote

like wooden utensils?
http://www.cpbasils.com

a high quality source - no relations - but seeing howas I've been using this stuff for roughly five years, a couple thoughts:

- made in USA
- most valuable bit: the design and the "angles" - both in the vertical and horizontal directions - are "'zactly right"
- high quality wood, black cherry per the web site. around here they go through the dishwasher most of the time. a rub down with beeswax/mineral oil ($5 at Home Depot) makes them look like new. doesn't split/splinter like the cheap stuff.
- available in lefty-righty versions.

downside: you can't buy ten spoons for $1.97 like the China stuff.
it's good stuff - a real pleasure to use. bought a bunch for myself over the years and a bunch for my kids Christmas presents.

checkout the design called "pot-sitters"
Jim Cooley

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just to add to Dilbert's pitch on wooden utensils, if you ever find yourself in India, head to one of the state run Tourist Craft stores. You can find some kitchen tools there made from an incredibly hard wood that's dark red -- teak maybe? Cheap as sin. I've been using my paddle and spatula thingy for over ten years. Not as nicely designed as cpbasils wares, but durable and functional.
DrBiggles

PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2013 5:36 pm    Post subject: Re: CP Basil - d*mn good wooden ware Reply with quote

Wow! Those are absolutely stunning! Thank you sir, for sending that over.

xo, Biggles
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cooking For Engineers Forum Index -> Tools, Equipment, and Gadgets All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum