Cooking For Engineers Forum Index Cooking For Engineers
Analytical cooking discussed.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Test Recipes: Asian Taco
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cooking For Engineers Forum Index -> Comments Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2006 12:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

First time poster here...I thought I'd chime in and say one could try wrapping it in a leaf of iceburg lettuce rather than a tortilla. The idea is not my own, P.F. Changs has great lettucce wraps and the cold temperature + crunchy texture is excellent with the asian spices. Also, a few chopped water chestnuts could give it a good crunch without adding or taking away any flavor.

Bethany
driveby cooking

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 5:16 am    Post subject: Omurice Reply with quote

You could also try a Japanese version called Omurice (omelet made with fried rice) if you don't happen to have the pancake.

Here is the wiki:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Omurice

Basically do the fired rice first and then pour them into the egg right at step 2 and folds it.
pbesset2

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 4:30 am    Post subject: pretty cool Reply with quote Delete this post

this was a pretty cool experiment especially just taking things out of the fridge. sounds like a very tastey dish that I will be trying. Love the addition of the Jalepenos and the thought of what you did with the eggs was pretty good too. I've never heard of what you used for the taco shell, but will have to check it out next time in the grocery store. Good stuff!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cooking For Engineers Forum Index -> Comments Forum All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: