Cooking For Engineers Forum Index Cooking For Engineers
Analytical cooking discussed.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Spicy Thai Peanut Stir Fry

View previous topic :: View next topic  
darus67

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 11:06 pm    Post subject: Spicy Thai Peanut Stir Fry Reply with quote

The other weekend I had a craving for chicken stir fry over noodles with spicy peanut sauce.

I was in the mood for some experimental cooking, so rather than go out to eat, I hit google for some recipe ideas.
After comparing, contrasting, and combining a few recipes, here is what I came up with:

The sauce

4 tablespoons creamy peanut butter
4 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
3 tablespoons soy sauce
2 tablespoons brown sugar
2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
* red chili sauce to taste

1. Soften the peanut butter in a microwave, about 10 seconds.
2. Combine the remaining ingredients with the peanut butter and stir until creamy.

* if you have spice impaired guests, you can leave out the hot sauce and serve it on the side.

The Rest of the Story
For the noodles I just used some chicken flavor ramen. I cooked them according to the package directions.
When they were done I discarded the liquid and set the noodles aside in a covered bowl.

While I was waiting for the noodles to do their thing, I stir fried some chicken breast chunks and vegetables.
I had fresh carrots and fresh green onions and the rest was canned chow mein vegetables. You could easily use
frozen stir fry veggies, or heaven forbid, FRESH veggies.

When the stir fry was about done, I added the peanut sauce and stirred until everything was coated.

I plated the stir fry on top of the noodles and garnished it with a few strips of julienne carrot and chopped green onion.

It got rave reviews.
romeoclement

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2013 2:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like this recipe of stir fry. Since I taste this recipe, I can't forget it. Now I want to try this best stir fry recipe of yours.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cooking For Engineers Forum Index -> Recipes All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum