Cooking For Engineers Forum Index Cooking For Engineers
Analytical cooking discussed.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Broken baking stone

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cooking For Engineers Forum Index -> Tools, Equipment, and Gadgets
View previous topic :: View next topic  
HELP !!! 911

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 4:25 am    Post subject: Broken baking stone Reply with quote

Hi -
I've gone & done it...I dropped my cherished Emile Henry pizza stone & one of the side carry handles broke off....is there a high temp extra strong glue that will hold up to the task?
DrBiggles

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 6:58 pm    Post subject: Re: Broken baking stone Reply with quote

HELP !!! 911 wrote:
Hi -
I've gone & done it...I dropped my cherished Emile Henry pizza stone & one of the side carry handles broke off....is there a high temp extra strong glue that will hold up to the task?

Awwwww! That's no fun. Well, it isn't so much finding an appropriate adhesive to withstand the higher temperatures. It's more about finding one that's approved for food, and one that will adhere to a porous surface that could very well be soaked with food related oils. I've used a propane torch to burn out silicone oils from mexican pavers to get coatings to stick. So, there's that.

I've broken 2 so far, 1 in 3 pieces. I just laid them back in the oven, as tight as they would lay together. They work just fine, no issues so far.

xo, Biggles
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cooking For Engineers Forum Index -> Tools, Equipment, and Gadgets All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum