Cooking For Engineers Forum Index Cooking For Engineers
Analytical cooking discussed.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Off Topic: Anolon Nouvelle Copper Stainless Steel Cookware S
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cooking For Engineers Forum Index -> Comments Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
yyay

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 8:13 pm    Post subject: Favorite pan - rondeau Reply with quote

Years ago when I first wanted to learn about cooking, I lived in New York City and so took the advice of New York Times columnists and visited Bridge Kitchenware to purchase some basic pans. There I was told that if I could buy only one piece, then it should be a rondeau. I'd never heard of a rondeau and it seemed big to be the one go-to piece of cookware, but I decided to listen to the expert and bought the pan.

He was right.

The rondeau is the one because it's so versatile--on the stove or in the oven, for sauteeing, frying, simmering, braising, stewing, boiling, or pretty much anything a Dutch oven, casserole, large frying pan, or stock pot can do. Plus, with its size, cooking in batches is rarely required.

But mostly it makes me happy to cook with it.
treznor

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 1:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gotta be either my 10" cast iron pan or my stock pot. The cast iron probably wins just because I use it more often.
rocketman1555

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 3:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Definitely my cast iron skillet. There's no better way to make hash browns or corn bread.
bzjm

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 5:01 am    Post subject: My favorite pan or pot Reply with quote

My favorite is the stock pot. I like to take the bones leftover from cooked chicken or beef and make a good rich broth. It's so good for stews and has lots of nutrition, too.
gcsmith05

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 7:39 am    Post subject: what's your favorite pot and why? Reply with quote

My favorite right now is my 12" cast iron skillet. The flavors that stay in the skillet and season the new food are amazing. I've been cooking a lot of steaks on the stove-top, so it is perfect.
cliffdweller

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 4:48 pm    Post subject: what's your favorite pot and why? Reply with quote

My favorite is my old 11 inch Farberware Millenium skillet. It has been a workhorse in my kitchen for over 20 years. Using metal utensils has not been a problem, and the nonstick coating hasn't given any sign of starting to flake off.
wikkit

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have fairly cheap pots and pans. I finally used my big stockpot to make stock from the remains of the thanksgiving turkey though, which turned out really well, so it can be the one.
wwpaden

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 5:21 pm    Post subject: My favorite pot Reply with quote

My favorite pot is a Lodge enameled cast iron dutch oven. This time of year, I am making stews and soups, and I can simply put everything together an put it in the oven to cook away as I am doing other things during the weekend. I will have enough left over to freeze for dinners during the week.
fredepa

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 7:22 pm    Post subject: Favorite pan Reply with quote

My favorite pan by far is my old cast iron frying pan. I does pretty much anything.
progressivegrae

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 11:07 pm    Post subject: Favorite pot Reply with quote

My saute pan, I guess. It certainly gets the most work.
husskat

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 3:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My current favorite pan is my 8-inch nonstick saute pan, in which I make the world's most perfect scrambled eggs every morning. My new favorite pan is any of the ones in this beautiful set that you are giving away : )
Red-Cat

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My 11" non-stick saute pan is certainly the one that gets the most use - there are a number of one-pan meals that I make in that pan. I think I'd starve without that pan! Smile
ragout_guy

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 8:00 pm    Post subject: My favorite Reply with quote

12 inch skillet. It's so big and I use it when I really want to cook up a meal for lots of friends
nomy

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i hope there will be an international giveaway some wonderful day in the future...

greetings from germany
Jenglambert

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 11:43 pm    Post subject: Contest entry Reply with quote

My favorite pan is my 8" nonstick skillet. I use it nearly every day to make omelets and scrambled eggs.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cooking For Engineers Forum Index -> Comments Forum All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 6 of 8

Jump to: