Cooking For Engineers Forum Index Cooking For Engineers
Analytical cooking discussed.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Off Topic: Anolon Nouvelle Copper Stainless Steel Cookware S
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cooking For Engineers Forum Index -> Comments Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Frigidlizard

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 3:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My Kuhn Rikon 5 quart pressure cooker. It came with both a pressure top and a clear glass lid and is by far the most versatile piece of cookware I own. Aside from pressure cooking, I can boil, steam, saute, and even deep-fry in it. It's smooth sides and depth make it perfect for candymaking. If I pop a steel mixing bowl on top it serves as a double-boiler. It is the coolest pan ever. Cool
mrmargolis

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 3:08 am    Post subject: Favorite pan Reply with quote

My favorite pan is a cast iron skillet. It's great for crisping up bacon.
Deb

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 4:33 am    Post subject: Favorite Pan Reply with quote

My favorite pot is my 4 qt. Presto Pressure cooker which is 33 yrs old. I've used it hundreds of times!
smarti

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 4:36 am    Post subject: Cast Iron Reply with quote

My fave is a cast iron skillet that was given to me when I got married 8 yrs ago. I use it primarily for making eggs but am toying with the idea of putting it in the oven to make cornbread. It reminds me of the old iron pots my grandmother used when I was a child. They just don't make pots like they used to!
daephin

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 5:01 am    Post subject: Favorite pan Reply with quote

They're nothing special, but I always go back to my cheap department store pans because they work well enough and I've had them longer than anything else.
rmarqur

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 5:03 am    Post subject: Favorite pan Reply with quote

I have two favorites. The first is a 3 quart saucepan that I use at least 3-4 times a week. The second is my stock pot which I will use all winter long for making soups and stews.
Shalmanese

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 5:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cast iron skillet that's satiny black with seasoning.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
tsaiklops

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 12:41 pm    Post subject: Cast Iron all the way! Reply with quote

Thanks for reviewing this cookware set and offering a sweet giveaway!!
I love my cast iron pan. It's super well seasoned and I use it for almost everything. I tend to the savory so I don't use it to make sweets like toffee, it's not the best for making gravy (i've tried...) and lingering smell-imparting things like fish. I'd love a chance to play around with some new hardware!
biocarolyn

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 1:10 pm    Post subject: My Favorite Pan Reply with quote

My favorite pan is my great grandmother's cast iron dutch oven. I try to find excuses to use it, since it reminds me of her and my grandmother. It's easily my most treasured kitchen possession.
tfft

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 4:32 pm    Post subject: My favorite pot or pan Reply with quote

My current favorite is a Le Creuset I just acquired this fall. I've braised a variety of meats, added some root vegetables and wine and into the oven it goes. I know I could have been doing something similar with other pots, but the Le Creuset seems made for this, and since it's sitting on my stove due to lack of cabinet space it's getting lot's of cooking time. While I can't believe how much I paid for it, I also can't imagine not having it around.
dang

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 5:06 pm    Post subject: Dutch oven Reply with quote

My favorite pot is a Target-brand dutch oven that I got about six years ago. It was cheap, it's the right size for two people, and it works great for everything from stews to slow-cooking to baking bread.
endcycle

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a lot of pots and pans, but the one think of as my favorite is a no-name stainless one from a restaurant supply place. I was a bartender/sometimes-cook at a local hole-in-the-wall, and we had a stack of these killer-awesome stainless saute pans. I don't think they cost over 20 bucks, and they worked better than anything I've ever used.
dvchurch

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 6:45 pm    Post subject: Favorite Pot Reply with quote

The most used pan in my house would have to be my 8" ScanPan pro. It's expensive, but by far my favorite non-stick pan -- it still looks as good today as it did when I bought it two years ago.
ResCogitans

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 11:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My fave is a plain old skillet. I love being able to sear meat and then throw the whole pan in the oven!
stache

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 1:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My favorite pan has to be my 10 inch sauce pan. It's so versatile and the sides keep me from slopping all over the place.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cooking For Engineers Forum Index -> Comments Forum All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 4 of 8

Jump to: