Cooking For Engineers Forum Index Cooking For Engineers
Analytical cooking discussed.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Off Topic: Anolon Nouvelle Copper Stainless Steel Cookware S
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cooking For Engineers Forum Index -> Comments Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jmeppley

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 2:18 pm    Post subject: Le Creuset Deep Skillet With Lid Reply with quote

This is a great pan for one-pot meals. It's also good for casseroles that need to be finished in the oven.

http://cookware.lecreuset.com/cookware/product_3-3%2F4-qt.-Deep-Covered-Skillet_10151_-1_20002_55062_10061
stellahav

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Enameled cast iron dutch oven -- soups, meats, bread, everything
mvidas

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My favorite is my cast iron skillet. I got it a couple years ago to be able to cook steak well indoors, for when I'm out of propane or its a bad blizzard outside. I've since learned to use it for a variety of other things, though lately I've really only used it for bacon. Still, it is my go-to pan (followed closely by my favorite pie pan).
midnitechef

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 2:46 pm    Post subject: Cookware giveaway Reply with quote

If I had to pick only one pot or pan to take with me it would be a 10-inch saute pan. It feels the most useful and is often what I use to whip something up quickly for dinner. Everything from a simple grilled cheese, to fried rice, sweet potato hash, eggs, steak... even pasta if you had to, although it would be in smaller portions.
blk4004

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 2:48 pm    Post subject: favorite pot Reply with quote

it has to be my 10 inch saute skillet, it is deep enough for everything, and judging by the wear, it is also my most used pot
coseppikitchen

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 2:56 pm    Post subject: Favorite Pot Reply with quote

My favorite pot at home is our 8 quart stock pot. Because of its size, I end up using it for nearly every meal, for sauteing, braising, boiling, etc.

Out of this Anolon set, I'd probably like the large french skillet the best as it would allow me to move from sauteing large quantities of food in my stock pot to a more appropriate pan!
Chile Rellano

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 2:59 pm    Post subject: About the Anolon lid handles ... Reply with quote

... they are rounded, without a "flat spot", so they tip over when you place them on a counter bottom-up spilling the condensate that may be inside the lid.

My vintage Calphalon cookware has flat handles, easily lifted with a cook spoon, that remain parallel to a countertop when placed upside-down.

Granted, the rounded handles look nicer, but for me function trumps form.

Also, I bought an after-market glass lid for my big sauté pan after using, and liking, the glass lid on my big cooking pot. I'm a big fan of glass lids now.
zachjacobs

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 3:14 pm    Post subject: sauce perfection Reply with quote

Whenever I go home in the summer, my parents and I use a stockpot to make spaghetti sauce with their homegrown tomatoes. Yum yum! It turns out to be pretty incredible.
christyluv

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 3:26 pm    Post subject: My favorite pan Reply with quote

Is my deep dish cast iron skillet. It is a two-hander because it is so heavy but it makes perfect cornbread and is deep enough to properly fry chicken,
bytemyfoot

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My favorite pot is my huge 15 gallon brewpot because I make beer with it!
DavidJ3d

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 5:08 pm    Post subject: Favorite Pan Reply with quote

Without a doubt my ancient cast iron skillet. It is versatile, and performs with a consistency that makes me better.
kguthmiller

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 5:54 pm    Post subject: favorite piece of cookware Reply with quote

Right now my favorite piece has to be my wok. Its a fairly new addition to my kitchen but i love making a good noodle stir fry.
hstanfi

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My favorite pot is my Sitram 4.9-Quart Commercial Stainless Steel Saute Pan. It's essentially a frying pan that does double duty as a pot. It's perfect for creating one-pot meals like spaghetti or chili -- first I saute my meats and veggies, then add my sauce. I was married this year, and I did extensive research for my registry, and I found the Sitram to be a much more affordable alternative to the copper core All Clad -- and BOY am I ever glad I bought my Sitram. It heats up quickly due to the copper core, and it's just a nice sturdy pan. It's even dishwasher safe, although I still handwash it. I can't wait to add more to my collection.
Skayne

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 6:22 pm    Post subject: My Favorite Pot Reply with quote

I have a Kitchen Aid saute pan that I love because it is so versatile and can easily serve as the pot for a one pot meal. However, it is teflon, and I'm trying to get away from that.
Stacyfcooks

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Love my Le Creuset Dutch oven - wouldn't make stew without it!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cooking For Engineers Forum Index -> Comments Forum All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 2 of 8

Jump to: