Cooking For Engineers Forum Index Cooking For Engineers
Analytical cooking discussed.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Off Topic: Anolon Nouvelle Copper Stainless Steel Cookware S
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cooking For Engineers Forum Index -> Comments Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
awinzler

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 1:20 am    Post subject: My favorite pan Reply with quote

My favorite pan is an 8" cast iron skillet that I use for campfire cooking. Omelettes and bacon on a campfire can't be beat.
Mister_Rob

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 9:50 pm    Post subject: My Favorite Pan Reply with quote

I love my Circulon Buffet. It seems to be my "go to" piece of cookware for everything from browning a roast to popping popcorn. I can get my roux going and finish a sauce in it. The surface is a quick easy clean and it can go from stovetop to oven. It's truly perfect in its versatility.
alexwasserman

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 2:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a copper embedded set from Costco that's really pretty decent.

However, for my fav. I have a larger 13" lodge cast iron skillet that is pretty much indestructible. Totally non-stick now and handles everything.
christyr1q

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 4:02 am    Post subject: I'd love a set Reply with quote

Really we just need a good popcorn pan for the induction stove, but a whole set would be cool too!
matth43

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 6:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The most useful pan I own is a 12-in. diameter high-sided stainless. I've gotten to the point where it rarely even gets put away, just gets washed and placed back on the stove for the next time I need it. Cooking for only two people, there's very little that is too large to fit in it unless I'm planning for leftovers.

I use it for everything from pork tenderloin to veggie sautes, works pretty well as a one quiver pot in almost any situation.
RubeChilds

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 6:54 am    Post subject: pot head Reply with quote

I feel like a tool opportunist, this being my first post, to win a set of pots!

Pots rule!

I think my current favorite is a blue 8 or 9" Le Creuset skillet I picked up at a thrift store for three dollars.

It's perfect for any single serving one pot meal; reheating left-overs; grilled cheese; over medium eggs, omelets... okay, so maybe one might need a little skill too, cast iron and omelets being what they are.

I have mad skills.

and no, i am not a pot head pot head.

My second favorite pot is Bona Vita stove top kettle. I'm a bit of a coffee snob.
McChefdeCuisine

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 9:17 am    Post subject: Cookware for Christmas? Reply with quote

My favorite is an 4 quart stainless steel pot with small handles on each side. I don't know how many things I've made in that pot in the last 5+ years! It's the perfect size for the recipes I make on a regular basis. My stainless steel skillet is a close runner up though.
fisherman83

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 1:37 pm    Post subject: My favorite pan Reply with quote

My favorite pan is a 14" wok that I got from walmart. They no longer sell them and the company name has worn off, so I'm not sure of the brand. I love using it to cook Asian food and and stir fry.
shawnals

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 4:19 pm    Post subject: my favorite pot Reply with quote

would have to be my enamel coated cast iron dutch oven..heavy but I love it!
rst629

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the 12 inch "International Pan"s I have (Anolon & Circulon) are
my favorite all-purpose pans, but I'd love to have a new set to test out
to find a new favorite !
hasmith

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 8:40 pm    Post subject: Anolon Nouvelle Copper Stainless Steel Cookware Set 2012 Reply with quote

Favorite, has to be my 10 inch deBuyer. Saute fish/chicken.
beerdiva

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 11:39 pm    Post subject: My Favorite pot Reply with quote

I love my 12" cast iron skillet. I bought and seasoned with real lard. It works better than teflon.
Michael Chu

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 3:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks everyone for entering the contest. It was a lot of fun reading how people use their pots and what makes them like them!

All entries above this comment will be counted as submissions. Only the first entry for people who commented multiple times will be counted. I'll post the winner shortly.
Michael Chu

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 3:37 am    Post subject: And the winner is... Reply with quote

fisherman83!

I pulled all 117 comments, removed mine, duplicates, and those where I did not have email addresses (the few guest posts where the user provided identifying information were included but the couple guest/anonymous posts without any information were excluded). The final tally was 112 entrants. I used random.org to generate a random number and it gave me 109 which equated to fisherman83 (who was the 109th qualifying post [and the 112th comment overall]).
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cooking For Engineers Forum Index -> Comments Forum All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
Page 8 of 8

Jump to: