Cooking For Engineers Forum Index Cooking For Engineers
Analytical cooking discussed.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Flavour For My Grilled Chicken Breast (no Skin)., Need help
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ktexp2

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2006 3:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love Italian dressing as a marinade, but I usually use the kind you buy dry and mix yourself - that way, you can control the oils and vinegar to better suit your taste. For example, trade the regular vinegar with red wine vinegar or lemon juice. Use olive oil instead of regular oil. So many possibilities!

My favorite electric grill chicken recipe is mix olive oil, lemon juice, oregano, and garlic. It makes excellent chicken thats wonderful in a salad!
Disneymom

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I'm in a hurry, I just sprinkle salt, pepper, garlic powder, and paprika on the chicken and either grill, bake, or pan fry it.

For a marinade, I use soy sauce, white wine, sesame oil, sugar, pepper, and red pepper flakes as a base. Then depending on my mood, I also add in sliced onions (shallots, green onions, etc), garlic (powder or finely minced), or ginger (freshly grated). I put the chicken and marinade in a zip top bag and set it in a dish (in case it drips) in the fridge for a couple of hours (overnight is best). Cook it however you want and it's great.

BBQ sauce--I use ketchup, soy sauce, sesame oil, sugar or brown sugar, freshly cracked pepper, hot sauce, sliced (or chopped) onion, and garlic (powder or finely minced)--you can also use slice green onions, shallots, etc. I set some aside to use at the end of the cooking process as a final coat (about 1/2 cup to a cup depending on how much chicken I have). The rest, I pour over the chicken and let it sit for a couple of hours or overnight in the fridge. Bake, grill, stir fry--it's all good!

~MLE
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cooking For Engineers Forum Index -> Recipes All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum