Cooking For Engineers Forum Index Cooking For Engineers
Analytical cooking discussed.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Off Topic: Thermoworks Thermapen and Oven Thermometer 2012 G
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cooking For Engineers Forum Index -> Comments Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
eiladorothy

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I still remember the first time I came across your website. I was looking into ceramic knives because my boyfriend seemed less that pleased with the one I had. "Not all ceramic knives are the same, babe". Sure, I got mine for free from a friend after she went to Japan because her cousin knew someone who knew someone who sold knives and had extras to give away for some reason, and I didn't know anything about it because the packaging was all in Japanese, and also it probably didn't inspire much confidence being bright pink and glittery - but hey, free knife right??

I happened upon your methodical and extremely useful comparison of ceramic knives , only to find that one of the best reviewed knives you featured was MINE - the Kyocera revolution! Take that, boyfriend! (Note: my boyfriend is amazing, and not at all a jerk like i think I just made him sound ... my knife pride was hurt that day, and it takes time to heal)

I've been checking out articles on your site since then. I've learned a lot of my lessons in the kitchen the hard way, so it's really nice when you can break down a cooking process and help me avoid making even more mistakes. The article on tempering chocolate - a must read for any chocoholic!!
hstanfi

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 1:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I found your site iva your chef's knives review. I added the Victorinox knives to our wedding registry and couldn't be happier with them!
jenniesue101

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love your reviews of equipment and always look things up here before I buy. I would love the Thermopen for cooking precisely. I roast alot and find the timing better with a meter. Thanks for all you do!
molybdenumblue

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love the toffee and microwave fudge recipes, but probably the articles on knives were most useful to me. Thanks!!
Skeets5977

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love grilled salmon, so I am going to try your grilled salmon recipe and see how it turns out! I'll post a comment there too with my review when I do grill it up!
mhulgrave

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 6:46 pm    Post subject: favorite recipe Reply with quote

PUmpkin pie because of the stove top cooking of the pumpkin filling
madcow19

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 5:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

One of the first things I made off of the site, back when I lived in Germany: Shepherds Pie.

I still enjoy making it for a hearty dinner!
iliadawry

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 9:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dulce de Leche because that stuff is delicious, yo.
ccross

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 1:39 pm    Post subject: Contest posting Reply with quote

I love checking your site for tips on cooking lots of dishes, but I think my favorite is your approach to making Cheesecake http://www.cookingforengineers.com/recipe/89/Cheesecake-Plain-New-York-Style, which has actually allowed me to make a cheesecake without the dreaded cracked top!
scratchgulper

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I came across your rib roast recipie years ago and have been coming back ever since! I have complete confidence in your equipment reviews, and have saved hours of researching. Thanks!

The thermometer has become a best friend. Hope I get another friend named Thermapen!
billman

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 3:39 pm    Post subject: thermometer giveaway Reply with quote

I have been a visitor for years and appreciate the many recipes and reviews form this site. Hard to chose which is my favorite, but one I use the most is the Grilled Salmon. Smile
Adam_M

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 4:56 pm    Post subject: Thermapen Giveaway Reply with quote

I found this website looking for a chocolate souflee recipe and love the engineering slant. Great website - I love the fact that you present cooking as a science.
-Adam
Engimaniac

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 6:19 pm    Post subject: Thermoworks Giveaway Reply with quote

Fave recipe: Classic Roast Turkey. It's that time of year again.
moggymom

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 9:31 pm    Post subject: Yum Banana bread! Reply with quote

Our fave recipe sp far is the banana bread. My kids and I love the recipe formatting used here...so easy to follow!
NU_Elec_Eng

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do not recall which recipe it was the drew me to this site, but your article on BBQ Ribs is probably my favorite .

http://www.cookingforengineers.com/recipe/246/Barbecue-Pork-Ribs-Baby-Back-or-Spare
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cooking For Engineers Forum Index -> Comments Forum All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 7 of 11

Jump to: