Cooking For Engineers Forum Index Cooking For Engineers
Analytical cooking discussed.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Off Topic: Thermoworks Thermapen and Oven Thermometer 2012 G
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cooking For Engineers Forum Index -> Comments Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ashleyf

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 2:25 am    Post subject: Thermapen giveaway Reply with quote

Michael, enjoyed the Tiramisu receipe and will use decaff espresso ! Also thanks for the Limeade receipe.
colmbot

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 3:04 am    Post subject: Favorite review Reply with quote

I think the best review was the first one I read-the temperature probe review. It kept me coming back to read more.
whteverkat

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 10:23 pm    Post subject: Favorite recipe Reply with quote

I came for the Lemon bars recipe and haven't left. Thank you!
Pegster

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've enjoyed many of your articles, from the very clear instructions and explanations to the recipe grid. The one that brought me here was the article on clarified butter. Many thanks for your articles, and I hope you continue for many years Smile
aznfdgrl

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 2:27 pm    Post subject: Thermoworks giveaway Reply with quote

Love your microwave recipe for Dulce de Leche. Thanks for offering this great giveaway.
muggles28

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 6:43 pm    Post subject: fav recipe Reply with quote

So far it's the butter pecan ice cream recipe and the original tiramisu. Wink
Paddy-O

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 8:20 pm    Post subject: Contest entry Reply with quote

Great website! I've only read three articles/recipes/review since stumbling onto the site the other day. 1. Brining 2. Turkey stock recipe and 3. the Thermapen review. All three very informative but my favorite is the stock recipe. Using the multi-pot is a brilliant idea; why didn't I think of that. We just made 12 quarts (used our brew kettle) with the turkey carcass and canned it. We always make more than we'll use in a few months so canning has worked best for us. Plus, if you forget to pull it out of the freezer or haven't planned ahead on a recipe you don't have to wait for it to thaw. Making stock really isn't a difficult task and well worth the effort. But the least desirable step is separating the solids from the liquid. Now making stock will be even easier. The Thermapen review is very helpful and timely because I am in desperate need of a new instant read thermometer for smoking. If I don't win it I'll be buying it. Fantastic website. Keep up the good work. I look forward to getting deeper into the site and forums.

Cheers!
anson

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 1:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like your method for barbecueing baby back ribs. It's good for those who don't have a smoker and have to use their grill.
KE6PIJ

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 5:50 am    Post subject: It's all about the process. Reply with quote

My first visit to your site was ages ago and what impressed me most was the format for recipes! I have converted all of mine to that format and it is so much more efficient.

Currently my favorite article is your pecan pie, which I plan on making in the next few weeks for my wife, who loves pecan pie!

Your recipe for classic roast turkey is next on my list, and I plan on trying that at Christmas time. This is a fantastic site with a wealth of information beyond just recipes. All sites on the web should be this thorough.

Thank you!
kaszeta

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 6:51 pm    Post subject: Thermapen Reply with quote

I'll be contrarian and not bother to register (I've already got more thermapens than I know what to do with...)

But wanted to share with you a nice testimonial about the durability of Thermapens:

I recently had an unfortunate event:

1. I was making fried chicken.
2. I had my big dutch oven filled with oil and it was almost up to the desired 340 degrees (it was at least 300 degrees)
3. I went to check the temperature again with my Thermapen. As luck happens, often it seems to do the auto-shutoff right as I'm about to use it. So I needed to fold and unfold it to get to read again.
4. I bobbled it. And dropped it right into the hot oil. I'm staring at it bubbling away in the oil!
5. It took me about 20 seconds to find an implement with which to fish the Thermapen from the hot oil.
6. After letting it cool, and cleaning off the oil that accumulated on it, it appears to work fine. I checked its accuracy against boiling water and and ice bath, and it still seems accurate as well.

I'm quite pleased that this Thermapen survived such heavy abuse by my clumsy hands. Indeed, I still use it, although I've since bought a nicer one
dwulf

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 12:18 am    Post subject: My favorite article. Reply with quote

My favorite article is the knife review because that is how I came to know Cooking for Engineers and I have enjoyed it thouroughly ever since. Thanks for your great work!
natureboy

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 1:16 am    Post subject: Favorite Recipe and Article Reply with quote

I made the Beef Stroganoff recipe and it was very good. The addition of mustard in your recipe really added to the flavor of the dish. My favorite articles are the one's about knives and the ratings. I ended up buying the Shun Ken Onion chef knife. It is a beautiful work of art that is functional. I look forward to using the Thermoworks thermometer. Smile
cgreggo

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 5:09 am    Post subject: Fav Reply with quote

The Garlic Roasted Potatoes remain in my cooking rotation years after discovering your site.
usn.mustanger

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 9:34 pm    Post subject: Thermapen Entry Reply with quote

My favorite article? Ah, there are so many, and t's a tough call, but I'd have to say that my favorite CfE article was your Beer Can Chicken article. A thorough examination of this nee-redneck staple, peppered throughout with doses of humor made this one stick out in my mind.
Can I have my Therma-stuff now?
Teasing
bender

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chicken Wing.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cooking For Engineers Forum Index -> Comments Forum All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 8 of 11

Jump to: