Cooking For Engineers Forum Index Cooking For Engineers
Analytical cooking discussed.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Tortellini

View previous topic :: View next topic  
amethyst45

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2005 3:50 pm    Post subject: Tortellini Reply with quote

I saw a chef on TV make this awesome sauce for tortellini, but caught only some of the show. I know that sage was sauteed in butter, then marscapone cheese and heavy cream was put in and cooked, then the tortellini's went in, and more heavy cream and ramano cheese. Wondered if you knew about this recipe and maybe how much you need of everything. I know they used cheese and spinach stuffed tortellini.
Thanks. Smile
Smillie - OzFire

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2005 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mmmm sound nice

Some fresh ground black pepper and salt with the wilted spinach...
and maybe a little tarragon or basil in the cheese sauce just before serving and I think you have a complete recipe.. I cant think of what more it could use.... except tons of garlic... but that's just me.

as for quantities for four I would have to be at the kitchen for my mind to turn on. Try having more than you need and let your instincts take over and just make it... that's what I would do

I like to use black pepper in my pasta dough when I am using cheese sauce... Pasta also tastes best with duck eggs...

try http://fan.relatedworlds.net/nummy/
for tortallini hints
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cooking For Engineers Forum Index -> Recipes All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum