Cooking For Engineers Forum Index Cooking For Engineers
Analytical cooking discussed.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Slow Cooker - Retain heat Cooker

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cooking For Engineers Forum Index -> Tools, Equipment, and Gadgets
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Yellowmode

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2014 11:45 pm    Post subject: Slow Cooker - Retain heat Cooker Reply with quote

Hi everyone!! I am trying to sew a retain heat cooker to slow cook the food.
Basically i will boil the food and then put the pot into the retein heta cooker that i am going to build.

I' struggling with the material to choose, i would like to use 3 different materials.

1 the one attached to the pot: polyester aluminize (to reflect the heat radiation)

I am not sure if polyester can resist the heat from the pot! I do not know hot to calculate the heat of an aluminum pot on a 2 kw stove (of course considering that there are different food inside!!)

Then i will use polystirene beans to retein the heat and another plastica material to cover that is easy cleanable etc..

Do you have any suggestion? Thank you very much!!
Jim Cooley

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2014 2:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd use fiberglass cloth with a batting of fiberlass insulation between. You CAN buy fiberglass cloth -- my ironing board has a cover made of it; I just don't know where you'd buy it.

I doubt the cooker loses much heat via radiance at low temps, but it's an interesting question.
Yellowmode

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2014 12:25 pm    Post subject: Thank you Reply with quote

Jim Cooley wrote:
I'd use fiberglass cloth with a batting of fiberlass insulation between. You CAN buy fiberglass cloth -- my ironing board has a cover made of it; I just don't know where you'd buy it.

I doubt the cooker loses much heat via radiance at low temps, but it's an interesting question.

Thank you for the awnser, but by do you think that a low temp there is no heat radiation?
Jim Cooley

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2014 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're welcome.

Yes, but that's an interesting question.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2014 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jim Cooley wrote:
You're welcome.

Yes, but that's an interesting question.

I am sorry i misspelled the question.. I was asking WHY do you think that..?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cooking For Engineers Forum Index -> Tools, Equipment, and Gadgets All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum