Cooking For Engineers Forum Index Cooking For Engineers
Analytical cooking discussed.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Elevating Boiling Temperature of H2O

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cooking For Engineers Forum Index -> Engineer Speak
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Guest1234

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 4:29 pm    Post subject: Elevating Boiling Temperature of H2O Reply with quote

Hi all,

I am looking for a way to increase the boiling temperature of my water, without adding off-flavors. Specifically, I want to increase the boiling temperature of my water for cooking pasta. Any ideas what one might be able to use? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
Dilbert

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

a pressure cooker would be the quickest, most direct solution -

you can raising the boiling point with dissolved solids - salt being the most common - but you'd need way too much salt for any significant increase.
Guest1234

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sorry, I should have specified... I'm trying to increase the boiling point while still using the conventional stovetop method for cooking pasta. I'm wondering specifically if there are any substances that are safe for consumption that will increase the boiling point without adding off flavors.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cooking For Engineers Forum Index -> Engineer Speak All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum