Cooking For Engineers Forum Index Cooking For Engineers
Analytical cooking discussed.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

My Favourite beef recipes

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cooking For Engineers Forum Index -> Favorite Foods
View previous topic :: View next topic  
andysteven

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2012 12:24 pm    Post subject: My Favourite beef recipes Reply with quote

Last Christmas i went to Edmonton as my aunt stays there and she took me and my wife to her one of the favorite restaurant Continental treat fine bistro, as her friend mr paul paurde works as a sheeff, and the person was generous enough in giving the recipe, and its was really wonderful, its very to prepare with lot of innovation.

Steak with Bacon-Mushroom Sauce Every one will love it

This was amazing! Had lotsa of leftover sauce that I put over rice the next night! Making it again this weekend. Me and my wife love this recipe! It is quick and it taste AWESOME to!!

So here is my recipe:

beef t-bone steak (1 lb.), 1 inch thick
slices OSCAR MAYER Bacon, cut into 1/4-inch pieces
pkg. (1/2 lb.) sliced fresh mushrooms
1/4
cup A.1. Original Steak Sauce
1/4
cup dry sherry or water
tsp. brown sugar
For marination
2 tablespoons Worchestershire sauce
1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
1 tablespoon soy sauce
1 tablespoon garlic powder
1 tablespoon onion powder

Preparation method
Prep: 20 mins | Cook: 30 mins
In a resealable bag or plastic container, mix all marinade ingredients together. Add steaks, seal tightly and marinate in refrigerator for at least 4 hours (overnight is best).
Remove steaks from refrigerator before starting sauce.
In a saucepan over medium heat, add the olive oil and butter. Add chopped bacon and cook until bacon fat is rendered approximately 5 minutes. Add diced onion to the bacon butter mixture and cook until translucent and tender about 8 Minutes. Add garlic and saute for additional 3 minutes. Do not let garlic brown.
Stir in all of the mushrooms and add salt. Stir and cook for 5 minutes until mushrooms start becoming tender. Stir in balsamic vinegar, heavy cream, parsley, flour and black pepper.
Reduce heat to low and simmer 20 minutes, stirring occasionally, sauce will thicken. If sauce seems to thick add more heavy cream.
Meanwhile, remove steaks from marinade and cook on grill or grill pan over medium high heat for about 6 minutes per side for a medium-rare steak.
Remove steaks from heat and let them rest for 10 minutes.
Plate the steaks and top with generous spoon fulls of the sauce. Garnish with additional parsley.
Kristina Travis

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2015 6:24 am    Post subject: My Favourite beef recipes Reply with quote

Hi, new here and I'm so excited to see this thread. I appreciate your recipe. I also like discovering new ones especially beef. I like its taste especially beef with mushroom. Maybe, I'll try to make your "Steak with Bacon-Mushroom Sauce " later.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cooking For Engineers Forum Index -> Favorite Foods All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum