Cooking For Engineers Forum Index Cooking For Engineers
Analytical cooking discussed.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

How long did it take you/ When did you start?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cooking For Engineers Forum Index -> Anything Goes
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jamesleecrow

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2011 9:22 pm    Post subject: How long did it take you/ When did you start? Reply with quote

I know cooking prowess is truly subjective.. A loose example is a talent show. Some people have allegedly been singing for years and they somehow con themselves into believing that the time invested has made them somewhat 'good' at it. So while it's possible to have spent a lot of time doing something and still be terrible.. I like to think that for most of us, a little time invested in something results in some improvement...

So my question is... for those who consider themselves good cooks.. by 'good cook' i mean you can create something very tasty without a recipe book infront of you or you can create something nice with random/limited ingredients and you can improvise pretty well... how long did it take you? How much cooking did you have to do.. once a week? everyday? e.t.c?

I'm also interested in what triggered this interest in cooking. Did you suddenly find yourself living alone? or was cooking something that always interested you.

I am 21 (male) and I am ashamed of my cooking. I'd like to know how to cook but I have very little patience and I'm very limited in what I CAN cook. I somehow dislike putting in the effort to cook but I have now promised myself to learn how to cook well before I turn 23.

Finally.. does anyone notice that food doesn't taste THAT nice when YOU cook it? Again, this may be because i'm just not very good at it...

Cheers,

James
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cooking For Engineers Forum Index -> Anything Goes All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum