Cooking For Engineers Forum Index Cooking For Engineers
Analytical cooking discussed.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Quality problems with Cold Storage fresh chicken

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cooking For Engineers Forum Index -> General Food Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Janeen H. Cordova

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 3:59 am    Post subject: Quality problems with Cold Storage fresh chicken Reply with quote

Hi, has anyone else had problems with the quality of fresh chicken from Cold Storage in recent months. Twice I've bought chicken parts only to find a day or two later they had a slightly odd smell (not a rotten smell, but something you couldn't quite put your finger on) and when you cooked them there was a whiff of almost an ammonia-like odour (not that strong of course, but a bit of a "tang" in the air). In both cases I had cooked them by or well before the expiry date. The first one we ate with no problems, the second time I threw away about $30 worth of meat after cooking it. I've also had problems wtih some of their fresh Norwegian salmon developing a noticable pong after just a day or so, well ahead of suggested expiry date.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cooking For Engineers Forum Index -> General Food Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum