Cooking For Engineers Forum Index Cooking For Engineers
Analytical cooking discussed.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Bacon Pancakes.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cooking For Engineers Forum Index -> Favorite Foods
View previous topic :: View next topic  
epicuriosityfilledthekat

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 6:45 pm    Post subject: Bacon Pancakes. Reply with quote

No, seriously.

I love bacon - LOVE it - especially with maple syrup... the happy tandem of the salty and the sweet is, well, it's damn amazing. Anyway, I've started adding cooked, chopped bacon to my pancake batter and it has now become one of my go-to comfort foods.

Don't knock it 'til you rock it; it's delicious!
rachard1583

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I agree with 70% dude, tried it myself and it was awesome. At first I liked the idea just because it removes unnecessary steps by cooking pancakes and bacon separately. The thing that really puts this idea over the top, though, is that the bacon grease fries the edges of the pancake and infuses all the bacony flavor into this perfect breakfast combo. As my friends and I discussed what they should be called(pancon or baconcakes) The vegetarian of the group was making snarky remarks, as vegetarians do in the presence of meat. I promised her that next time we’d recreate this with veg friendly bacon substitute of Stripples.
Mini Duckie

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2010 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This just is not right
BostonChef

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2010 2:37 pm    Post subject: sweet/salty Reply with quote

LOVE sweet and salty combinations. I'm not sure about the bacon IN the pancake mix for the sole fact of the grease as mentioned above, but I love them together.
Chicken and Waffles anyone??
SciencyCook

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mini Duckie wrote:
This just is not right

I have to disagree with you, Duckie! Those foods are just SO complimentary! Cool
If you've ever had a McGriddle from McDonalds, you would know exactly what I mean! LOL.

I've always eaten bacon and pancakes in the same sitting, but I don't think I ever tried mixing in cooked bacon inside the batter. Sounds like an interesting technique. I'll have to try that the next time I make breakfast.
DrBiggles

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mini Duckie wrote:
This just is not right

Bacon and diced apples, pancakes or waffles!

xo, Biggles
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cooking For Engineers Forum Index -> Favorite Foods All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum