Cooking For Engineers Forum Index Cooking For Engineers
Analytical cooking discussed.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Recipe File: Campbell's Green Bean Casserole
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cooking For Engineers Forum Index -> Comments Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
superdebbie

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2010 3:44 pm    Post subject: Can I use French Style Green Beans? Reply with quote

I don't like regular green beans. Does this work just as well with "French Style" green beans?
Dilbert

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2010 4:26 pm    Post subject: Re: Can I use French Style Green Beans? Reply with quote

superdebbie wrote:
I don't like regular green beans. Does this work just as well with "French Style" green beans?

yes, no problem.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2010 6:27 pm    Post subject: Soy instead.... Reply with quote

Instead of using Whole Milk can I substitute it with Soy milk?
cutedrdave@gmail.com

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2010 1:59 pm    Post subject: ingredients in French style green been casserole Reply with quote

In addition to all the variations listed here for making green been casserole, i have substituted cream of chicken soup for the cream of mushroom. I like the flavour as much or better than the original method! And it works great for those who do not like mushrooms!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2010 7:19 pm    Post subject: crock pot Reply with quote

Did anyone try these in a crockpot yet? I'll be staying at my Mother-in-law's house for three days before Thanksgiving, and she's cooking the turkey in her oven. Just wondering if I might be able to use the crock pot. If nobody else has tried it - I'll try it out sometime this month before Thanksgiving. But, I don't want to waste it if someone has tried it and it was awful!

Thanks!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 12:46 am    Post subject: Crockpot version Reply with quote

There's a crockpot cookbook with a similar recipe. Frozen green beans, cream of mushroom soup. Rather than milk, 1/4 cup of white wine. Also uses fresh mushrooms. Cook on low for 5 hours.
bnug

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 7:21 pm    Post subject: Cheese Green Bean Reply with quote

Use the Cream of Cheddar Cheese Soup instead of the Cream of Mushroom Smile it will rock your socks off Smile
carol

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2010 6:07 pm    Post subject: green bean casserole Reply with quote

The origanal recipe also had soy sauce in it. It makes a big difference. It is a teaspoon of soy sauce and a dash of pepper for a single recipe.
nope

PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2010 3:51 am    Post subject: Canned vs fresh or forzen green beans Reply with quote

I disagree with the comments that fresh or frozen green beans are better than canned in this recipe. I tried it once for a family party of about 40 people - and after dinner about 40 people decided that it should never be made with anything but canned green beans!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2010 5:02 pm    Post subject: Green Bean Casserole Reply with quote

I add in a packet of Lipton's Onion Soup Mix for extra flavor.
Mickey

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2010 5:10 pm    Post subject: G.B. Casserole Reply with quote

I grew up on this casserole, but we had it only during the holidays. All us kids hated veggies, but we all loved g.b. casserole. One thing my mom did was to always use frozen french cut g.b.'s. Now i make it for the holidays and everyone raves about it.
norma

PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2010 1:17 am    Post subject: green bean casserole Reply with quote

Can this casserole be frozen and then cooked?
Harriet

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2011 8:35 pm    Post subject: Fozen caserole, green been Reply with quote

Can someone answer this question, can this casserole be made up ahead, then frozen, and then baked? If so, do you thaw first or bake it frozen? What are the baking instructions? Let me know asap, thank you. [/b]
Dilbert

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2011 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes.

bake to completion, let cool, freeze.
thaw, reheat at 250'F - 45-60 minutes
ByUGirl1

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2011 4:08 am    Post subject: Cream Of Shrimp Soup Reply with quote

Creme of Shrimp Soup Is a Staple in My Pantry. I use it in My Crawfish Dip
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cooking For Engineers Forum Index -> Comments Forum All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 6 of 8

Jump to: