Cooking For Engineers Forum Index Cooking For Engineers
Analytical cooking discussed.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Recipe File: Campbell's Green Bean Casserole
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cooking For Engineers Forum Index -> Comments Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kellebelle

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2014 9:52 am    Post subject: Green bean casserole Reply with quote

I like the taste of French style green beans in comparison to just regular cut green beans. So I always use that in my recipe instead Wink

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2015 4:48 pm    Post subject: shrimp soup Reply with quote

Campbell's used to make Frozen Cream of Mushroom soup when I was a kid. ( 50's and 60's) It had whole about i inch shrimp and was very good! Todays type- not so tasty!
Jim Cooley

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2015 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FROZEN Cream of Mushroom?

I vaguely remember the Cream of Shrimp. I liked that.
Crystal Jenkins

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2015 2:28 pm    Post subject: Green Bean Cassarole Reply with quote

I add a teaspoon of soy sauce to mine and leave out the onions till the end. Never any leftovers at my house.[/b]
MammaBearOf2

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2015 9:44 pm    Post subject: Instead of... Reply with quote

I'm not to fond of mushrooms, so I use cream of chicken. It's soooo good and this year we are going to add bacon and cheese! Yumm can't wait!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can you freeze the green bean casserole before it is cooked?
Dilbert

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 12:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes, but I'm not sure I'd recommend it. the prep is easy and fast - so there's little benefit. on the down side - slow frozen green beans / onions can get rather mooshy.

we often prep&bake it day before, cool and refrigerate, then reheat for service. if you're using any crunchy toppings, delay putting those on until 1/2 way thru the reheat.
Peanuts

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2017 12:21 am    Post subject: Assuming you cook the frozen green beans? Reply with quote

Ok, this may be a silly question, but any recipies I have read that reference using frozen or fresh green bean don't say whether you cook them first or not. If they are frozen/fresh can anyone tell me if you cook them in boiling water like the bag says, then drain and continue the recipie with the hot cooked beans...and how much does this affect the cook time and temeperature of the casserole?
Or do I have this wrong and you just dump the beans in uncooked...and if so, what is the cook time temperature for frozen vs fresh in that case?
Disbelief Teasing
Pidge

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2017 12:34 am    Post subject: Re: Assuming you cook the frozen green beans? Reply with quote Delete this post

Peanuts wrote:
Ok, this may be a silly question, but any recipies I have read that reference using frozen or fresh green bean don't say whether you cook them first or not. If they are frozen/fresh can anyone tell me if you cook them in boiling water like the bag says, then drain and continue the recipie with the hot cooked beans...and how much does this affect the cook time and temeperature of the casserole?
Or do I have this wrong and you just dump the beans in uncooked...and if so, what is the cook time temperature for frozen vs fresh in that case?
Disbelief Teasing

Ok for anyone who cares :-)
I found eventually you thaw the frozen beans overnight in your fridge. The next day I boiled water first, then put the mostly thawed out beans in there and did not quite bring it to a boil so the beans were still green and heated thru but not cooked to being sift. Removed them and put them in a big bowl to cool, then proceeded with the recipie. Because my recipie was quadrupled, it took about 50 minutes to cook in a party tray. Eveyone said it was awesome at the table today and they liked the fresher tasting beans.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cooking For Engineers Forum Index -> Comments Forum All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
Page 8 of 8

Jump to: