Cooking For Engineers Forum Index Cooking For Engineers
Analytical cooking discussed.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Old fashioned cooking

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cooking For Engineers Forum Index -> Anything Goes
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ladysphinx

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2010 5:54 pm    Post subject: Old fashioned cooking Reply with quote

The other day my husband was peckish so he went to the kitchen to grab something to eat. He was looking in the cabinets, he walked out with out taking anything out. I asked him if There was something he was looking for and his reply was something to eat. So got a few thing out to whip him up something and I realize how much I was at a stage where I didn't keep any of these convenient food any more. No cereals, no instant sauces, no just add water powders and so on. Where more and more women are buy convenient foods I'm buying less and less. I'm starting to cook like grandma use too. I love all of these traditional meal where the stuff you put in are still recognizable to grandma. Maybe it's more time consuming but it does taste better
Kathleen H.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2010 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree that cooking the old fashioned way can be a lot more rewarding and usually tastier.

My fiance does it a ton just for me. He's made me pancakes, macaroni and cheese, several types of chilly all the old fashioned way. And I must say, when comparing what he makes to the in-the-box or microwavable stuff his cooking is a million times better. He's been looking at old fashioned biscuit recipes because he wants to try to make them for me because he knows I love the cracker barrel ones lol
Hillary Crafton

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 3:25 am    Post subject: Back to basics Reply with quote

Going back to basics when it comes to cooking seems to be the way to go.
Deciding on a particular diet can be daunting considering the shear number of strategies out there. That's why it's important to have a resource that will leave you confident and without questions. The Diet Solutions is the perfect step by step guide.
Auspicious

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 5:00 pm    Post subject: Re: Old fashioned cooking Reply with quote

Ladysphinx wrote:
Where more and more women are buy convenient foods I'm buying less and less. I'm starting to cook like grandma use too.

It isn't just women who are returning to more classic approaches to cooking. I've found that the more basic ingredients often last longer than the processed foods so I have more flexibility with a deeper pantry.

Oh - and grandma couldn't cook worth diddly.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cooking For Engineers Forum Index -> Anything Goes All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum