Cooking For Engineers Forum Index Cooking For Engineers
Analytical cooking discussed.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

doubling and tripling cookie recipes

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cooking For Engineers Forum Index -> Anything Goes
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cookiescookies

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2011 4:31 pm    Post subject: doubling and tripling cookie recipes Reply with quote

Hey, I am crazy about making cookies, and people seem to love them. I work in a school and love to make cookies for all the teachers and students, but I am killing myself doing recipes two and three times. Does anyone know a general rule of thumb for doubling and tripling recipes? I am talking about basic chocolate chip, oatmeal and raisin and sugar cookies. Thanks!
Michael Chu

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 5:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For most cookie recipes, you can just double or triple or quadruple the batter/cookie dough recipe assuming your mixer can handle it.

Bake one cookie sheet at a time (or whatever you do currently).

I recommend using multiple cookie sheets and have one baking while you prep another sheet with a third (or more) cooling after baking. Be careful how you store your prepared cookie sheets because, if they are too warm, your cookies will spread more than expected, and, if they are cooler than you normally would have them, the baking time may need to be extended. For most cookies I make, I refrigerate the dough and sheet briefly (about 15 min) including the first batch, so all the cooking times are relatively consistent.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cooking For Engineers Forum Index -> Anything Goes All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum