Cooking For Engineers Forum Index Cooking For Engineers
Analytical cooking discussed.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Equipment & Gear: Understanding Blender Specifications
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cooking For Engineers Forum Index -> Comments Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
billlabsnow

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2017 1:17 am    Post subject: blending watts vs h.p. Reply with quote

fantastic article, i have long FELT that watts and h.p. were not the same, and i went by the wattage when i got my breville boss superblender. i wish i had read this article before i bought the BOSS, but i am very satisfied with it, and in fact IMPRESSED and happy. i try to blend 2 times per day, i love blending as my breakfast, then i blend my salad with my normal meal. again, great article from an honest person. bill perreault
JimMalkovich45

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2018 10:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the info, now I want to buy a new blender, but I can't choose which one. A good comparison found on the site . And I think to take the Vitamix 7500 Blender. I will be glad to any advice which blender I should choose!
Pip

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2020 5:41 pm    Post subject: Blender Wattage Reply with quote Delete this post

I bought a blender advertised at 500 watts, thinking that would be more powerful than my previous blender, advertised as 200 watts. To be honest, I didn't notice any difference between them. When the new blender motor burned out and I opened it up I found the motor to be rated 200 watts.

Is it true that a motor with a baseline of 200w could achieve a peak of 500w (I imagine just before it burns out!)? If so, that seems like a pretty useless measurement.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cooking For Engineers Forum Index -> Comments Forum All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: