Cooking For Engineers Forum Index Cooking For Engineers
Analytical cooking discussed.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Chinease Cleaver

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cooking For Engineers Forum Index -> Tools, Equipment, and Gadgets
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Coookkkeeerrr

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2010 10:09 am    Post subject: Chinease Cleaver Reply with quote

hi.

I want to buy a knife from China and I have doubts between Dexter-Russell Chinese Cleaver (8" x 3 1/4) or J.A. Henckels Twin Signature 7-Inch.
What do you think? What brand of steel is better? What is more professional?

,best regards[/quote]
Dilbert

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2010 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

if you want a Chinese made knife, you can rule out the Henckels - they are made in Germany.

and you can rule out the Dexter-Russell, it's made in USA.

all that aside, I find the seven inch size more appropriate the the flat slice&chop strokes.
buttered popcorn

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2010 9:51 pm    Post subject: Excellent cleavers can be Reply with quote

purchased at wildfirecutlery.com
Carbon steel , hand made, reasonably priced, one week turn around, easy to talk to. See review here :
http://chowhound.chow.com/topics/735858?tag=boards;topic-735858

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You could also look into a Cck vegetable slicer. They're available through chefknivestogo.com at quite reasonable prices and are quite popular.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cooking For Engineers Forum Index -> Tools, Equipment, and Gadgets All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum