Cooking For Engineers Forum Index Cooking For Engineers
Analytical cooking discussed.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Green tea!
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cooking For Engineers Forum Index -> Favorite Foods
View previous topic :: View next topic  
johnledbetter

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 6:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Although tea drinking has been associated with health benefits for centuries, only in recent years have its medicinal properties been investigated scientifically. The October Harvard Women's Health Watch recognizes the healthy power of tea while helping readers get the most out of their cups.
Jim Cooley

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seems to me I've heard that line before.... delete ad lib.
smithsleonardo

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2011 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Green Tea benefits
1. It enhances immune system
2. It is good for burn fats
3. It helps in lower cholesterol
4. Reduces weight.
sscookwaresets

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think there is no other alternative to green tea. Green tea is the best. I like it very much. If anybody knows alternate to green tea please share with us.

Diane
Jim Cooley

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Black tea?
Jim Cooley

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Green tea is also more healthful if you add water during its preparation.
mikki45

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2012 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Green Tea is very good for health but i want to know that it expires also(Green tea dips)?? I mean, i have around 100s green tea dips but there is no expiry date on it.
kevin68

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 6:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Green tea to lose weight and this is as we all know. I drink green tea every day.
sarahyoung75

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 10:45 am    Post subject: Re: Green tea! Reply with quote

rachard1583 wrote:
Is any other food or drink reported to have as many health benefits as green tea?
Cancer Institute published the results of an epidemiological study indicating that drinking green tea reduced the risk of esophageal cancer in Chinese men and women by nearly sixty percent. University of Purdue researchers recently concluded that a compound in green tea inhibits the growth of cancer cells. There is also research indicating that drinking green tea lowers total cholesterol levels, as well as improving the ratio of good (HDL) cholesterol to bad (LDL) cholesterol.

Green tea has been proved very much helpful for the health of the individual. It's a great fat burner. It also contains lots of anti-oxidants which will stregthen your immune system.
hamzaziyaad

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ya right Green tea to lose weight and this is as we all know. i am also drink in morning...
Dude111

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2012 12:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome bud!

Stephen Fleming wrote:
Green Tea is very effective and good for health and has some benefits

Yes this may be true BUT THERE IS HARDILY ANY FLAVOUR!!

I had some last week and although it was good,I COULD BARELY TASTE ANYTHING Sad
Diane B.

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2012 5:35 pm    Post subject: green teas ...for *flavor* Reply with quote

Dude111, there are actually all kinds of green tea (as well as brands within those).

Some have little or no taste, some have a lot, and some are naturally flavored. For example, the only tea (any type/color) I can easily drink without sugar and really enjoy is jasmine tea, though again certain brands are better than others**. I've kind of gotten used to other green teas (at Asian restaurants, etc) where they vary--some very good, some tasteless, etc--but I can usually drink those too now.

It's often a matter of shopping around, or checking ratings at amazon, etc, to find the better green teas. There is also one type called "gunpowder" that's stronger in taste.

Brewing matters too. Taste can depend a lot the water temp and steeping time. Generally, green teas use lower temp water and less steeping time than black teas, though not a hard and fast rule.***

Green teas work really well for adding flavors too. Some can be purchased but there are a load of ways to flavor green teas yourself.***
For example, I often add a bit of (any) fruit juice to green tea (for part of the water), and my favorite from Morocco is strong green tea with a bunch of fresh spearmint stuck in it along with plenty of sugar.

And btw, black teas have been found to have lots of healthful compounds too, but lots of the studies were done in parts of the world where green tea is prevalent.

** The jasmine tea in the yellow can is good, but for teabags instead of loose tea I think this is the one I use:
http://ezmats.com/storemaker/images/JasmineTea1.gif
http://www.amazon.com/Sunflower-Jasmine-Tea-0-5-227/dp/B000NINEXY/ref=sr_1_7?s=grocery&ie=UTF8&qid=1337966750&sr=1-7

*** (my answers here:)
http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20101026102155AADIRV8
http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20100422123118AAo0IaD

bigpancakes

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 6:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm also a green tea lover! But I didn't know it benefits that much. Thanks for the info! Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cooking For Engineers Forum Index -> Favorite Foods All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum