Cooking For Engineers Forum Index Cooking For Engineers
Analytical cooking discussed.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Off Topic: Free Cookbook from Snubbr
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cooking For Engineers Forum Index -> Comments Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cooking For Engineers

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2010 8:17 pm    Post subject: Off Topic: Free Cookbook from Snubbr Reply with quote

Snubbr.com, a new website that helps recommend gifts to people, is sponsoring a cookbook giveaway for readers of Cooking For Engineers!

We're going to keep this giveaway simple and straightforward. If you live in the United States (we're keeping shipping costs down), just:
1. Pick a cookbook from this list of Snubbr recommended list of recommended baking books.
2. Log in to your Cooking For Engineers Forum account (or make an account). Be sure to include your email address (otherwise when a winner is selected, we won't be able to contact you to get your mailing address).
3. Post a comment on this article with the name of the cookbook you want and tell us why you want it. Please do not include your email or mailing address in your comment. Comments from anonymous or guest accounts can't be eligible for the cookbook since we'll have no way of contacting you.

That's it!
On May 28, 2010, Snubbr will pick a winner, and I'll announce it here.
mewla

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2010 7:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would pick "The America's Test Kitchen Family Baking Book". I already own and LOVE Artisan Bread in 5-minutes a day - I use it a lot. I also own "vegan cupcakes take over the world" - okay cookbook but I'm not vegan. "Hello Cupcakes" seems gimicky and I would probably not use it often. "The Bread Bakers Apprentice" seems overly complicated for home baking. The rest I'm not interested in. The book I chose seems useful.
wajobrer

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2010 12:56 pm    Post subject: snubbr Cookbook Reply with quote

The America's Test Kitchen Family Baking Book. They give precise and to the point ingredient information and instructions. I saw a companion book recently, and thought the format was great.
alitictac

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2010 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm torn between The America's Test Kitchen Family Baking Book and Artisan Bread in Five Minutes a Day. Either one seems like a wonderful book to get. ATK because of the variety and I hear good things about it. But there's a part of me that really wants bread ALL the time. So difficult to choose. Ideally, if I won, I'd like it to be a surprise (though that wouldn't be part of the rules).

America's Test Kitchen Family Baking Book
tethys

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2010 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

While the artisian bread, and america's test kitchen both are probably fantastic books, I'd have to go with the Sweet Freedom book, as I honestly don't have anything in that category of baked goods that don't use sugar, wheat or dairy. i honestly don't bake much as I try to avoid those ingredients, so it would likely increase my baking significantly.
JuliaLee

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2010 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I want to win Artisan Bread in Five Minutes a Day, mainly b/c I want to learn how to make my own bread, and control what goes into my family's bodies. We've been trying to become more health conscious over the years, and god knows what ppl put in bread these days. Plus we dun have a lot of money, so it would save grocery costs =)
mvidas

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2010 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would choose the Cooky Book. I remember that growing up and loved the cookies, and would love for my kids to have the same memories when they're older Smile
________

Last edited by mvidas on Tue Feb 22, 2011 1:05 am; edited 1 time in total
dking

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2010 4:14 pm    Post subject: baking book of choice Reply with quote

The Bread Baker's Apprentice: Mastering the Art of Extraordinary Bread. I love baking bread, especially basic sandwich breads for my family and friends. I would like to expand my offerings to family and friends. I love to learn why something works or doesn't, and the reviews of this book indicate that it will teach me the science behind the baking r/th simply giving a bunch of recipes.
momoffive

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2010 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would love to win "Artisan Bread in Five Minutes a Day: The Discovery That Revolutionizes Home Baking". One of my favorite hobbies is baking homemade breads, so I love coming across new ways to make them.
dsbernhardt

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2010 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Bread Baker's Apprentice: Mastering the Art of Extraordinary Bread

I love baking bread.
FrankYoshida

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2010 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Artisan Bread in Five Minutes a Day sounds interesting.

Bread making is one of those things that seems interesting but I've never taken the time to learn. It would be great to see some new ways to do it.
madball911

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2010 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been drooling over Artisan Bread in 5 Minutes a Day for quite some time now. I need that book.
anindg

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2010 11:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm torn between ATK and Hello, Cupcake. I love the ATK show but Hello, Cupcake looks too quirky to not try out! I'd love to win a copy of Hello, Cupcake!
ninjasandwich

PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2010 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been wanting to get my hands on a copy of Sweet Freedom for a while. It sounds like it could be pretty good.
Shiny Cooking

PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2010 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's a difficult choice given such a great collection of books! I've finally settled on the America's Test Kitchen book - seems a great baking resource.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cooking For Engineers Forum Index -> Comments Forum All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: