Cooking For Engineers Forum Index Cooking For Engineers
Analytical cooking discussed.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Old dog new trick: seared chicken breast

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cooking For Engineers Forum Index -> Cooking Tips
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jim Cooley

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2010 4:04 pm    Post subject: Old dog new trick: seared chicken breast Reply with quote

I'll often take a boneless chicken breast and pan-sear it in a dash of peanut oil to add to whatever I have on hand for a quick dinner. I usually butterfly it, salt and pepper, then throw into a hot pan with some already golden onion and garlic. Flip it after a minute, cover and take off the stove. It's usually done, and not over-done in a few minutes. Nice golden brown color and the texture is perfect.

I got to watching Gordon Ramsay and notice he does the same thing, EXCEPT he adds the finely chopped onion and minced garlic toward the end of searing, after adding a "knob" of butter.

So I've tried that a couple times now and the difference in flavor is enormous. Garlic really comes through fresh and vibrant, and it doesn't have that "cooked" garlic taste, either.

Color is even better as the butter browns a bit.

Just wanted to pass that along.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cooking For Engineers Forum Index -> Cooking Tips All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum