Cooking For Engineers Forum Index Cooking For Engineers
Analytical cooking discussed.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Chocolate Pecan Cookies (Better Than Publix Bakery)

View previous topic :: View next topic  
TyroCook

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2009 12:17 pm    Post subject: Chocolate Pecan Cookies (Better Than Publix Bakery) Reply with quote

I recently posted my recipe for Chocolate Pecan Cookies (Better Than Publix Bakery) at recipezaar.com. Here is the link:

http://www.recipezaar.com/chocolate-pecan-cookies-better-than-publix-bakery-389774

The Publix Bakery Chocolate Pecan Cookies are really good which is probably why they sell for about a dollar apiece. After many a trial and error, my taste buds say this recipe is even better (and much less expensive, and better for you).

As a bonus, the method is much more simple and quick than most cookie recipes I've seen.

This recipe is more thorough and detailed than most, in order to help get it right and for repeatability.

Hope you enjoy as much as I do.
Michael Chu

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2009 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you tried this recipe with granulated white sugar? The flavor would change somewhat since Splenda and sugar don't quite taste the same. Any suggestions on how (or even if it needs) to compensate?
TyroCook

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2009 12:35 pm    Post subject: Chocolate Pecan Cookies (Better Than Publix Bakery) Reply with quote

Michael Chu wrote:
Have you tried this recipe with granulated white sugar? The flavor would change somewhat since Splenda and sugar don't quite taste the same. Any suggestions on how (or even if it needs) to compensate?

I did try this recipe with all granulated white sugar. I found my taste buds could not tell the difference between using 1/2 cup Splenda with 3/4 cup granulated white sugar. I never use all Splenda in any recipe, but this is more for texture than taste. Also, I think the molasses in this recipe may help mask any taste differences. I mention in the recipe notes that I use the Splenda just to cut down on a few calories, and that it may be substituted with dark brown sugar (which is equivalent to granulated white sugar plus molasses).

The main reason I decided to post this recipe was not because it is an exceptionally good-tasting cookie (which it is). It was because of the method. I found its simplicity and speed far better than the many other recipe methods I found and tried. Those with a technical background like myself would call it an 'elegant solution'. I've used a similar method for Banana Bread, but I still have to do some tweaks on that one.

It's the first recipe I've posted so this is new to me. I must admit to a little pride of authorship, and I hope you may give the recipe a second look.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cooking For Engineers Forum Index -> Recipes All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum