Cooking For Engineers Forum Index Cooking For Engineers
Analytical cooking discussed.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Equipment & Gear: Saber Kitchen Knives
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cooking For Engineers Forum Index -> Comments Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AC

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2011 4:59 am    Post subject: Really inexpensive but good knives Reply with quote

I have bought all different kinds of knives. I was shocked to see that the chef knife I bought at Benny's for 6 dollars, was a great knife, after I sharpened it it was even better, and managed to keep an edge.
It would be interesting to have a knife review for chef knives under 20 dollars, I am sure this knife would do great. I will try and get back with more details.
Grendy

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2012 5:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's a lot of best knife e can found in shop of amazon. I think Saber Kitchen Knives are one the best knives that i bought. It have a good quality!
Cool
Rocket

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 11:15 pm    Post subject: Too much of a good thing Reply with quote Delete this post

Costco currently offers the 16-piece Saber set for $170.

This might sound like a bargain, but frankly, who needs all this crap? I am a CIA graduate and longtime culinary professional, and all I really use is a 10-inch chef's, bread knife, boning knife, and very occasionally a fillet knife. The steak knives, shears, sharpener, and monstrous block are just clutter.

Some time ago, Costco offered another brand of "German" knives. The knives themselves were subpar IMHO but I liked that they were offered a la carte. Any chance Saber will offer something simliar to Costco customers?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cooking For Engineers Forum Index -> Comments Forum All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: