Cooking For Engineers Forum Index Cooking For Engineers
Analytical cooking discussed.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

I hate my ribs! (btw, where are they))))) oven bbq pork ribs

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cooking For Engineers Forum Index -> Favorite Foods
View previous topic :: View next topic  
susan pettibone

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2009 10:42 pm    Post subject: I hate my ribs! (btw, where are they))))) oven bbq pork ribs Reply with quote

I have never been able to figure out the best way to cook pork ribs in bbq sauce in the oven, and even though I've tried long, slow 200 degrees) I don't know whether to boost the heat at beginning or end or not at all to 400...Or bake them at a steady 350, like some recipes say...Sealed in foil? Covered casserole? Uncovered roasting pan? Brown first? Baste? Drowning in bbq sauce or just a coating? I've some marinating in sauce in the fridge right now. What next??? Mine come out fairly nasty every time. I'll do anything you say, but it's too late at this point to use dry rub for this lot, as they're already marinating. Help! Recipes are all over the barnyard!
DrBiggles

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2009 3:23 am    Post subject: Re: I hate my ribs! (btw, where are they))))) oven bbq pork Reply with quote

susan pettibone wrote:
I have never been able to figure out the best way to cook pork ribs in bbq sauce in the oven, and even though I've tried long, slow 200 degrees) I don't know whether to boost the heat at beginning or end or not at all to 400...Or bake them at a steady 350, like some recipes say...Sealed in foil? Covered casserole? Uncovered roasting pan? Brown first? Baste? Drowning in bbq sauce or just a coating? I've some marinating in sauce in the fridge right now. What next??? Mine come out fairly nasty every time. I'll do anything you say, but it's too late at this point to use dry rub for this lot, as they're already marinating. Help! Recipes are all over the barnyard!

Hey buddy! Just posted a reply to your dilemma on the other thread.

You don't want the temp too high because you'll cook the fat out, you don't need the low and slow in the oven because you're not smoking them. Between 300 and 325 is excellent.

The most important thing is to remove them when they're done, at 190 internal temp.

Generally you don't put the sauce on before, use it as a finishing sauce. You can use a dry or wet (olive oil, rub in the dry) first for up to 3 some odd days. I use just kosher salt as a rub instead, leaves you with pure pork flavor, serve with sauce on the side or glaze in the last 20 minutes or so.

Remember, it's all about the meat, careful on the temp and pull when done. That's it.

Biggles
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cooking For Engineers Forum Index -> Favorite Foods All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum