Cooking For Engineers Forum Index Cooking For Engineers
Analytical cooking discussed.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Off Topic: University Chicken's 911 Challenge
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cooking For Engineers Forum Index -> Comments Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2006 1:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I live in Florida and Hooter's has the worst wings on the planet. They are only good for the Hooter girls and the cold beer.

I tend to stay away from any kind of chain when I want good wings. The smaller places tend to have more flavorful sauces as well as the heat I crave.

My fave is the extra hot with garlic. I love the way the garlic makes my lips tingle after I have downed a dozen or so of them.
ian

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 3:37 am    Post subject: 911 challenge, anchor bar, etc. Reply with quote

Today I completed the fabled 911 Challenge. I've also eaten at the famous Anchor Bar in Buffalo, New York.

The challenge was exactly as this article described -- an almost unappetizing amount of dark-red sauce, lightheadedness, the wolfing down of remaining wings when the time was about to run out, a friend's sprint to the Safeway next door for a half-gallon of milk, and the cheering of patrons afterward.

The worst parts of the challenge were the overload of sauce, the spice of the wings combined with high just-fried temperature, and the feeling of a sunburn around my mouth for the rest of the day. It was certainly a challenge, but I got a shirt :-)

I even ordered some of their breast strips afterward that, despite the reports in previous posts, were juicy, breaded & fried just right. I definitely plan on going back for some less-insane but tasty chicken.

The "Suicidal" sauce at the Anchor Bar is actually quite good and isn't unreasonably hot. You can even buy it in supermarkets nowadays near the Tabasco. I hear there's another bar in Buffalo that's even _better_ than Anchor.

--Ian

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 7:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i ate these godforsaken satan nuggets on an empty stomach and ended up hurling boiling hot magma puke until i couldn't gag anymore shortly after the challenge. the t-shirt was totally worth it though.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 4:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i tried to do that at the one in Chapel Hill NC with a buddy of mine. He's going into the special forces . . . i don't know i thought he'd be tough. we got to the last wing and he yelled "my effing throat is closing up." i didn't finish either.
i threw up twice on the floor next to the drink machine.
on our way back to my friend's car he somehow vomited 911 sauce into both of his eyes. he was blind. i knew this because he was running around screaming and tripped over the same curb at least 8 times. i continued to throw up for another 11 hours.

DON'T DO THIS GODDAMN CHALLENGE

PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2011 5:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Delete this post

If it's been banned give me the recipe damnit. No more secrets! I want to know if these are hotter than mine!!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cooking For Engineers Forum Index -> Comments Forum All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: