Cooking For Engineers Forum Index Cooking For Engineers
Analytical cooking discussed.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Recipe File: Chicken & Mushroom Marsala
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cooking For Engineers Forum Index -> Comments Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LordWabbit

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 5:23 pm    Post subject: Awesome Reply with quote

Awesome site dude, nice work, will be bookmarking it and sending it to friends.

I agree with your attitude about people correcting typo's etc. At least it means it will get fixed, and the people who are pointing it out are not being mean or anything, they are simply pointing out the errors. What is wrong with that?

I don't cook much, but I will be trying out this recipe soon. Just not sure if I can even FIND a Marsala wine in South Africa? Never even heard of it, there must be one around somewhere, we have plenty wine farms.
Thanoslug

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 1:37 pm    Post subject: Love the recipes Reply with quote

This weekend my wife and I put together a birthday meal for myself using mostly recipes from your site. Our main course was this Chicken Marsala recipe - delicious. We must agree with Tina about the mushrooms - little bombs of flavor indeed. We did get a bit distracted while working on other things and let the sauce reduce too much and didn't have much of anything to drizzle over our noodles but the dish was delicious all the same. This was our first time to try brining and we used a bit more involved method than that you outlined. By the most interesting coincidence, my mother gave me a brining spice mixture for my birthday that we tried. The chicken turned out to be the juiciest and most flavorful chicken I think I have ever had.

Along with the Marsala, we tried out your Corn Fritter recipe. It wasn't bad but I fear it is not one I shall probably repeat. However, based on the scant information you gave about the sauce you made, I whipped something up and the sauce is certainly something I shall find other uses for - it was delicious.

The last portion of the main meal was a Caraway Rye bread that I have worked up a recipe for.

For desert we made your chocolate cake recipe with the buttercream frosting. Both were delicious. I added a teaspoon of lemon oil extract to the frosting to give it a hint of lemon flavor. My family loved it. I want to thank the many commentors on your site as they were very helpful in my efforts with the buttercream. It would not come together for me at first so, based on comments, I took my mixing bowl and set it back over boiling water for about a minute to soften the butter up and it came together wonderfully after that.

I have also experimented with both your English Toffee recipe and Peanut Brittle. I have added my own modifications to both and greatly enjoy the results.

Thank you for the wonderful site. I plan to try out many more of your recipes.
Gracie

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 1:32 pm    Post subject: Yummy!!! Reply with quote

Just want to let you know that I love how you layout the recipe... May be that's really how we engineer think? Anyhow, I am going to try the recipe tonight and will update the comment tomorrow!! So looking forward to this..
Michelle F

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2010 6:19 am    Post subject: finding the right wine Reply with quote

First off, I just stumbled upon your site and while I haven't tried any of the recipes yet, I look forward to testing my cooking abilities with some of the recipes you have generously provided. Chicken and mushroom marsala is my favorite and I always wanted to make it for myself.

You say that the key to a great chicken marsala is good Marsala wine. Specifically, what kind of wine should I be looking for? Can I find Marsala wine at any liquor store or is it a special item? What makes it so special compared to a white wine? The sweetness?

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 1:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great site - I cannot believe the comments are up to five years old already.
anna

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2011 5:25 pm    Post subject: CM Reply with quote

Awesome recipe. Delicious dish! Thank you!
Luciana

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2011 12:55 pm    Post subject: Delicious Reply with quote

Easy and delicious dish - I just made it! My husband loved it too. Thanks
Cameron Carroll

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2012 5:55 am    Post subject: Chicken Marsala is AMAZING. Reply with quote

Hi. Loving the recipes and ESPECIALLY loving the ingredient+cooking method vs time graph at the bottom. Just made the Marsala for my girlfriend with the garlic mashed potatoes and I truly want to thank you for some of the things I've learned:

1. Roasted garlic is the PERFECT FRIGGIN THING for mashed potatoes. Once I got the shell off, the bigger fatty garlic cloves were practically filled with mashed potato substance already. This is an awesome technique that I would never have thought of.

2. I've never brined my meat before, and ended up using the hour of brining to help defrost the chicken breasts. The chicken was friggin PLUMP! My goodness, those were some plump chicken breasts. By the way, there's only enough sauce for three breasts even if you stretch it by the given proportions plus a little. Anyway, 9/10 would brine again.

3. This website is awesome, and so is this recipe. I'm going to go back to eating it now.
jericjames10

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2013 8:08 am    Post subject: Barhyte Specialty Foods Reply with quote

I love chicken breast part and mushroom most. This is the best recipe that I will try for on weekends. Since, my niece and nephews love mushrooms too. Thanks for the resources, it helps a lot. This recipe will work more with my recipe spicy hot wing sauce recipe this weekend. I hope they will love this.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2018 12:14 am    Post subject: A really good post! Reply with quote

I have recently learned to brine and am intrigued by the concept of plumping lean meat with moisture.

This site was really informative and the simple recipe was great. Of course I added spices but followed the procedure to bring and cook the chicken marsala. I used dry marsala that was totally drinkable, as I read on other websites that it is a personal preference and I tend to like savory over sweet dishes.

I like a lot of sauce so will increase the quantities the next time. I enjoy simple cooking without having to use a whole lot of ingredients that are not on my shelf so thank you for sharing.

Aloha~~
Dilbert

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2018 2:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

pretty much all of the chicken marsala recipes use a sweet - . . . as do I.
Florio works around here.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cooking For Engineers Forum Index -> Comments Forum All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
Page 7 of 7

Jump to: