Cooking For Engineers Forum Index Cooking For Engineers
Analytical cooking discussed.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Recipe File: Chicken & Mushroom Marsala
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cooking For Engineers Forum Index -> Comments Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
river

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2008 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you think this can be done with a bone in breast?

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2008 2:30 pm    Post subject: wow!! Reply with quote

This is the best web site about cooking ever!! Your small tips are so helpful, it's incredible. No higher philosophy, just good food prepared in the best possible way. Keep on the good work.
tveteto

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 4:23 pm    Post subject: awesome recipe diagrams Reply with quote

i love the recipe diagrams - i think they are fantastic visual representations of what's happening in the execution of the recipe!! well done. i want to start doing this with all my recipes!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 5:30 pm    Post subject: chicken marsala Reply with quote

I made this and it was amazing! will definitely make again.
brooke

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 3:18 am    Post subject: yum! Reply with quote

this was very tasty! the mushrooms were delicious! i will be making this again!
Dilbert

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

>>> sweet vs dry

recipes are a matter of taste - so the short answer is no, it does not have to be sweet.

example: the couple next to us ordered a tableside ceaser salad. as the fixings commenced they requested to omit the anchovy. wish granted. now, I personally consider the hint of anchovy to be one of the defining flavors of a ceaser salad - so did they have a ceaser salad or something else?

I personally don't care for sweet wines; I use a drier one for my chicken dishes. "traditionally" this dish uses a sweet one, so did I or didn't I? <g>
nkliewer

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2009 4:03 pm    Post subject: Chicken Marsala Reply with quote

Thanks for posting this great recepie. It's simple and fast! Even my Italian wife raved about it and said that it was the best Marsala she ever had.
quise

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2009 2:50 am    Post subject: cheese Reply with quote

Don't know if anyone asked but can you put cheese on it and if so what Kind
Lucy from Az

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 6:11 pm    Post subject: Chkn Mshrm Mrsla Reply with quote

I am new to your site, and love it. I went to my local market 2 days ago and they were selling Chkn Mrsla but it was to expensive for a family of 4 but it looked really good and we had never tasted it, I said to my husband you know what I bet I can make it (I am hispanic and mainly know how to cook Mexican food, but loves to make Italian dishes) so I looked it up and found your site! I followed your directions and used sweet Marsala wine and added white onion and miced garlic and it came out perfect. As the side dish I made Fettuccine with creamy broccoli/mushroom sauce over it, It was great! Even my 11yr old and 5 yr old loved it, I am glad my husband(raised strickly on Mexican food) likes to try diffrent foods and really likes it when I make Italian dishes he also loved it. I had 1 piece of Marsala Chnk and a bit of Fettuccine left from the prevouse night my husband and I shared it the following day, I found that if I reheat it in the microwave in a micro safe tubber ware and not completely covering the tubber ware with its lid it heats it up just right and leaves the the chkn mrsla really moist and juicy. If any one want the recipe for the Fettuccine with broccoli/mushroom sause let me know and I will put it up if thats ok with the cheif. Thanks again for the great site.
Francisco

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2009 1:15 am    Post subject: CHK Marsala Reply with quote

Awsome Site. I already added it to my favorites...
nat

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2009 6:24 am    Post subject: spelling error Reply with quote

OMG, Why do u guys care if there are spelling mistakes in his recipes?! It dose not even have to do with the actual recipe, if it bothers you so much I would say dont visit this site. Seriously do the spelling mistakes distract you from cooking correctly? Does mentioning the error help you cook better or helps you sleep better? I just dont get why its such a big deal!!
Michael Chu

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2009 6:31 am    Post subject: Re: spelling error Reply with quote

nat wrote:
OMG, Why do u guys care if there are spelling mistakes in his recipes?! It dose not even have to do with the actual recipe, if it bothers you so much I would say dont visit this site. Seriously do the spelling mistakes distract you from cooking correctly? Does mentioning the error help you cook better or helps you sleep better? I just dont get why its such a big deal!!

I do appreciate when spelling mistakes are pointed out so I can fix them - but it usually works better to just email them to me at michael@cookingforengineers.com
ciara

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 5:52 pm    Post subject: chicken marsala Reply with quote

i love this site! reminds me a lot of alton brown's methods-- he'll tell you what each type of ingredient and process does what for your food, and you can adjust as necessary. much like cooking for engineers' step-by-step explanation.

i'd like to add this-- an easy way to flour meat pieces, should you choose to do so, is to put a cup or so flour in a baggie and toss a few pieces inside.

canned mushrooms (no-salt-added variety is available) save me a heck of a lot of time. plus you can throw in the mushroom-water for a little extra flavour. Big smile.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2009 9:47 pm    Post subject: Printer Friendly? Reply with quote

Maybe you should tell people that if you print the 'printer friendly' version, it's going to print about 25 pages, including the comments. And what a stupid confirmation scheme, adding a letter to the letter that is there. Jeez, how moronic.
Dilbert

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2009 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

actually most engineers are not morons - like normal people they explore the options - the ones like "Hide Comments" - which produces just the recipe on a print demand.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cooking For Engineers Forum Index -> Comments Forum All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 6 of 7

Jump to: