Cooking For Engineers Forum Index Cooking For Engineers
Analytical cooking discussed.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Recipe File: Limeade
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cooking For Engineers Forum Index -> Comments Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pheelgood

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 4:07 am    Post subject: limeade Reply with quote

Limeade.com! Those B!@#$%^&! ...and they don't even have a single limeade recipe on the whole damn site! Write them and demand they post one!

Signed,

Way too much time on my hands.

P.S. Great recipe!
Scratchcook

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 8:16 pm    Post subject: limeade Reply with quote

Great website. Thank you - I no longer feel like the only person on this planet that cooks from scratch.
missin44

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 8:05 pm    Post subject: Same ratio for Lemonaide? Reply with quote

Great Limeade recipe, I bet your into baking also. Anyway have you tried lemonade? Would it be same ratio?

Also, anyone tried the recipe with Splenda?

M
missin44

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 12:44 am    Post subject: Very Good with Splenda! Reply with quote

Just made a batch with Splenda and did a blind taste test with a batch made with sugar. Hard to tell the difference but of the 3 testers all said the edge went to the Splenda version, but only very narrow. Just very slightly more tart with the Splenda.
Michael Chu

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 5:30 am    Post subject: Re: Same ratio for Lemonaide? Reply with quote

missin44 wrote:
Anyway have you tried lemonade? Would it be same ratio?

I actually do use the same ratio for lemonade. In fact, I've been making it so often that I just add the sugar directly into the lemon juice and stir until dissolved (it take a while). Then I pour out a little bit into a cup and add water as my lemonade mix (without taking up too much space in the already cramped fridge).
Shana

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 11:43 pm    Post subject: Mmmm! Reply with quote

This is just exactly right! The simple syrup makes it smoother and really worth the tiny extra bit of time to make. I have one of those old-fashioned metal lemon presses from my grandma and my kids were having a great time squeezing them, it's pretty fast. Smile Probably great with a splash of vodka, too!
Mike K

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sooooo much better than the frozen limeaid. I love limeaid for the same reason as Michael and many times use lime juice when a recipe calls for lemon juice. Excellent!!

Mike

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 2:51 am    Post subject: NOOOOO!!! Limeade without lime peel!?!??! Reply with quote

The best lemon and lime ades get their additional burst of flavor from incorporating the lime zest into the juicing process. Usually a juice is used to grind up the peel with the limes, but I've been searching for a recipe that allows one to do so by hand. Very few people I have known actually make limeade and even fewer have told me that they use the peel, and you can definitely taste the difference.
Michael Chu

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 6:44 am    Post subject: Re: NOOOOO!!! Limeade without lime peel!?!??! Reply with quote

Anonymous wrote:
The best lemon and lime ades get their additional burst of flavor from incorporating the lime zest into the juicing process.

I'm glad you posted this comment. I'm running low on lemonade and just bought a bunch of limes to make limeade later this week. I'll try the zesting tip and see if I need to alter the recipe in the future.
rhg

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 9:45 pm    Post subject: Limeade Reply with quote

I've made this recipe several times and love it. I just bought a Cuisinart ice cream maker and used this recipe to make my first batch of ice cream, well actually it's sorbet or frozen ice. I just tossed the syrup into the machine with a little lime zest. 20 minutes later you get an amazing lime ice! It's as good as what they sell down at my local Italian deli.
greatrecipe

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 8:52 pm    Post subject: for juicing Reply with quote

a great way to get the most juice out of the limes is to cut them into slices, lightly squeeze first, then put it into a garlic press and squeeze harder. this also get a good amount of pulp in the juice, which i like, but can be strained out if desired.

thanks for the great recipe.
Alison

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 5:05 am    Post subject: hits the spot on a 94 degree day Reply with quote

Take a jar of limeade concentrate to a summertime party. Add sparkling water and ice. Everyone at the party will love you for it. Let people experiment... Tonight we discovered it mixes well with Irish whiskey.

Thanks for the recipe!
kcboomer

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 4:25 pm    Post subject: Sonic Limeade Reply with quote

For those of you who love Sonic's cherry limeades try this:

1) Squeeze the juice of half a lime into a larger glass
2) Pour in 12 ounces of Sprite (Diet is fine)
3) Add a shot of Reese Maraschino Syrup
4) Add crushed ice

This is the nectar of the gods.
limeadelover

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2009 3:37 am    Post subject: great recipe Reply with quote

Absolutely perfect. Thanks for the recipe.
emma

PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2010 5:49 pm    Post subject: great recipe! Reply with quote

We just tried this and it turned out perfect! For a slightly sweeter version we also tried using seltzer water and adding a slpash of the italian Cherry syrup they use in italian sodas and it turned out fabulously.

Thanks so much for the recipe!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cooking For Engineers Forum Index -> Comments Forum All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: