Cooking For Engineers Forum Index Cooking For Engineers
Analytical cooking discussed.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Recipe File: Oven Baked Chicken and Rice
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cooking For Engineers Forum Index -> Comments Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
july1962

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 4:32 pm    Post subject: Chicken and rice substitutes Reply with quote

I reallly don't like eating chicken on the bone, so I'm wondering about using chicken breasts or chicken tenderloins. I know they'll cook faster than with the bone in, so I wonder if I could just put them in frozen to slow down their cook time.
Dilbert

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

off the bone will cook a bit faster - I would recommend cooking the rice/liquids longer in the pan before assembling and putting in the oven vs. using frozen pcs.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2010 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you dont like it, dont eat it. I on the other hand LOVE my double cheeseburgers from Burger King and LOVE mommas home cooked meals. You dont have to eat it, so why you so uptight about it? Go home and make yourself a salad.
anonymous new

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2010 7:20 pm    Post subject: chicken n rice Reply with quote

Food = politics y'all! It's true!

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2010 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Goodness, I scroll down and see a huge flamewar tangent going over several years. The internet is always amazing in the tangents any subject can bring.

Definitely a basic recipe that needs modification to shine. I just jam a lot of onions, garlic, carrots, potato, mushrooms, etc and chicken, go heavier than one cup of rice (I prefer short grain), add a little basil and what not. The basic recipe is a great start, just as long you have chicken+moisture+rice+vegetables+spice you have something to eat.

The suggestion of using a substitute for the cream of mushroom is good. Maybe even just some diluted cream.
seefishbee

PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2010 2:57 am    Post subject: cooking and eating is a joy Reply with quote

just scrolled thru this L-O-N-G thread, and was VERY entertained. just threw 3 large boneless, skinless chicken breasts over risotto rice and dumped a can of store brand low sodium cream-of-mushroom + one cup milk over it. skipped the in-pan veggies, i like em' separately. its in the oven now, and i think its gonna be good. i may try for cream-of-tomato nex time for variation. thanks for an interesting read everyone. peace! Big smile
Bjeans

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2010 5:25 pm    Post subject: Salty Trolls Reply with quote

What's interesting is why such a logic-based group would respond to someone who is clearly a troll. (Google it if you're not familiar with the internet usage.) Illogical.

Only other thing is I count more ad hominem attacks as coming from the right than the left but that's besides the point.

Neat recipes, by the way. And many easily tweaked to make them lower in fat, higher in good carbs, lower in salt, should that be your cuppa.
carnac

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2010 11:10 am    Post subject: Salt Reply with quote

First, this is a great website, and I refer to it all the time - I have it bookmarked for those moments when I say to myself "Now what am I going to do?" Thanks very much!
Second: When you are in a car wreck, when you are hospitalized, when you are in extremis, what's the first thing the medical professionals do? SALINE SOLUTION!!! That's right, salt!
I'm going to keep a supply of this chicken handy for the next traffic accident I come across - "Excuse me, Ma'am, have a little of this chicken; it'll help you live longer."
Ignore the trolls; keep cooking!
Grandma Deb

PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2010 10:19 pm    Post subject: Campbell's Chicken and Rice Hoopla!!! Reply with quote

For what it's worth, I couldn't read completely through all of the controversial comments due to a bad heart from eating the wrong food all my life. Teasing My two cents; for what it's worth, is if you want to try and get people to change, just post a healthier version and let them know if they want less sodium and fat, try this. No need to condemn or make anyone feel like a lemming. Thanks for all of the nice comments and suggestions to the original poster. Have a great day! Smile
Guest 2

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2010 2:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Make sure you use a pan that is big enough to get the chicken and rice evenly spread out. Otherwise the rice will be undercooked and some parts of the chicken will still be raw/pinkish.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2010 8:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seems like a great recipe. I truly enjoy the detailed photos. I will have to give this a try.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2010 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing Out Loud HOLY CRAP. You just can't get on any site that permits feed-back without a war going on!!! Guess that's the fun of it huh? Disbelief
Well, it's simple, yummy, and just like mom used to make. What could be so bad about that? (I'm sure you could come up w/ something...)

Thank you
DisgustedNAZ

PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2010 1:21 am    Post subject: lighten up already Reply with quote

For cryin' out loud, this is a cooking blog. Not a political blog and certainly not an invitation for anyone to be rude. If you do not like the recipe, go to another site. The internet seems to have become one big haven of bullies. Check this out, mr. anonymous:

https://majicmarc.wordpress.com/2008/01/08/jerks-on-the-internet/john-gabriels-greater-internet-dickwad-theory/

JGGIDT...Google it if the link doesn't come through.

Please go away. Oh, and thanks for almost ruining my hunt for a freakin' recipe.

[/img]

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 9:03 pm    Post subject: This is THE site for me! RECIPE CARDS...graph/chart!!!! Reply with quote

I LUV LUV LUV your Recipe Card format!!! Hopefully, I can make sense of cooking and my Husband will be happy (well, happier..I think we're doing okay so far..); but this is a site HE will be grateful for. [Oh, and my engineer father, too, probably!] My cooking husband calls himself an engineer, but he's actually kinda normal! HA!

This is THE site for me!
May I say...THANK YOU

P.S. Confirmation Code is hilarious. enjoying this site even more!
Thremnir

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2011 12:08 am    Post subject: Chicken & Rice Reply with quote

Wow, flaming flamers Smile

I'd just like to quote some Plato.

"Attention to health is life's greatest hindrance"

I got the above quote from the "Eat Dangerously Cookbook", written
by two fine resisters . . Lewis & Velloso. Cool
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cooking For Engineers Forum Index -> Comments Forum All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 10 of 12

Jump to: