Cooking For Engineers Forum Index Cooking For Engineers
Analytical cooking discussed.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Cooking Tests: Eggplant Taste Test
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cooking For Engineers Forum Index -> Comments Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ellen_Loves_to_Cook

PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2010 9:55 pm    Post subject: White Eggplants Reply with quote

For a mild-tasting eggplant out of the gate, try white eggplant. It's mild, not bitter, and for those of you who are organic gardeners, it seems to be of no interest to the pests that bore into the dark eggplants.
dk

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2010 3:20 pm    Post subject: eggplant for vegetarians Reply with quote

FYI, to the poster who tried to use worcester sauce on the eggplant for a vegetarian friend, worcester sauce usually has anchovy paste in it and is therefore not vegetarian.

Newest favorite eggplant dish: napolean. Slice & cook the eggplant in a little bit of oil, layer (about 3 layers) with homemade putanesca sauce (onions, garlic, chillies, tomatoes, thyme, oregano, olives, capers, basil, salt, pepper), top with bread crumbs (cheese if you want, but I'm vegan) then bake until bread crumbs are crispy, approx 15-20 min.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I find the best way to ensure all the cubes of eggplant have an even amount of oil is to put them in a plastic bag with the oil coated on the sides of the bag(ziplock). Then put them directly on the pan.
Jim Cooley

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anonymous wrote:
I find the best way to ensure all the cubes of eggplant have an even amount of oil is to put them in a plastic bag with the oil coated on the sides of the bag(ziplock). Then put them directly on the pan.

Hey, that's smart!
bananajelly

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 4:49 am    Post subject: Label the eggplants Reply with quote Delete this post

This was interesting, but I had difficulty following which type of eggplant you were referring to every time you said it was good or bad. When you said upper right corner or lower right corner, I really had no idea which eggplant or photo you were referring to. Can you please label which eggplant is which?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cooking For Engineers Forum Index -> Comments Forum All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: