Cooking For Engineers Forum Index Cooking For Engineers
Analytical cooking discussed.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Any idea how to sexup my Marrow, please?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Juan.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2005 3:30 pm    Post subject: Any idea how to sexup my Marrow, please? Reply with quote

My Marrow grows bigger and bigger towards the end of Fall Huh? but I haven't got a clue what to do with it. Waste, isn't? Usually I just let it rot in the garden.Yet I still grow it every year! Does anybody know how to sex it up , please?
Latisha forever.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2005 4:39 pm    Post subject: Any idea how to sexup my Marrow, please? Reply with quote

You know, Juan babe, the sight of a huge Marrow always gives me some cheap thrills... You heard me right, darling! I mean Marrows, Pumpkins, Squashs... all piled up on mellow straw bales ( I have seen they do this outside the posh shop fronts in Malibu, Juan ), and Fall leaves, Jamie Lee Curtis, Jackson... so peaceful, isn't? ( sigh ). I'm daydreaming, again... Never mind, babe. Now, where were we, darling? Ah. Is your Marrow awfully, awfully BIG, Juan babe? Wink (cough). It's the weather, darling. I meant, if your Marrow is really big, then we won't need to use all of it, unless you have a big family. Now, are you ready to put out (COUGH. COUH), I meant, to show me your big Marrow, darling? We are going all posh today, babe- all the dishes' names are in French.

SOUP DE MARROW: Cut Marrow crosswire. We need a 4 in. thick ring. Stand it up, remove skin and seeds. Cut into quarters lenghtwise. Cut into lemon-peel-thick slices. Mix half a handful of ground pork, chopped green onions and pepper together. Bring 2 cups water to the boil. Add pork ( or ground beef, chicken, fried tofu...). Cook for 10 to 15 minutes. Serve hot.

CUPS DE MARROW: Cut Marrow crosswise into 2 in. thick rings. Stand them up, remove skin and seeds. Stand them up in a deep baking tray/ dish. Mix some ground pork, chopped green onions and pepper together. Spoon pork into Marrow rings. Drizzle a wee bit of LIGHT soy sauce over Marrow. Cover with baking foil. Bake in hot oven for 20 minutes. Serve hot.

PORK, MARROW DE SOY SAUCE: Cut Marrow into lemon-peel-thick slices like when you prepare Soup de Marrow. Cut belly pork ( or shoulder pork, beef, chicken, fried tofu...) into bite size pieces. Drizzle some LIGHT soy sauce to season. Add some thinly sliced white onions, chopped green onions and pepper. Serve hot with boiled rice. Try BASMATI rice which is delicous and so easy to cook.

I hope you will enjoy this Marrow feast with your loved ones or your company, Juan. After all, it is the fruit of your labour, darling!
Juan

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2005 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You seemed to forget to cook your pork de soy sauce (?). Also, you did not put any salt in your marrow soup (?) Thanks! xxx Smile
Latisha

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2005 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ashton, darling xx, I must have been dazzled by your magnificent Marrow (cough), and that alone could easily make me forget everything else. 'Teasing Of course, you should add some salt to your soup to taste, dear, or add some salt to the ground pork instead. For Pork de soy sauce: - Fry crushed garlics in little cooking oil. Add sliced pork. Stirfry. Add sliced Marrow and sliced onions. Stirfry for a few minutes , then drizzle some LIGHT soy sauce over to taste. Stirfry until everything is cooked. Chuck in chopped green onions/ cilantro. Serve hot with boiled rice.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cooking For Engineers Forum Index -> Recipes All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum