Cooking For Engineers Forum Index Cooking For Engineers
Analytical cooking discussed.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Community Based Recipe Database

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cooking For Engineers Forum Index -> Tools, Equipment, and Gadgets
View previous topic :: View next topic  
groone

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2005 8:54 pm    Post subject: Community Based Recipe Database Reply with quote

Since hurricane Katrina I've been working on learning some web
programming languages, specifically php. While the power was out after the storm I decided to build a community based web database for recipe
enthusiasts. I grabbed my laptop and went to work. I now have it ready for testing and would love to have some of the wonderful chefs and recipe collectors on this mail string test the program out for me. You can find the program at

http://recipe.groonesworld.com

You have to register, but it's quick and easy and asks for no personal information except for your name.

The web application is based off a desktop application I created a few years back called Groone's Recipe Holder. As soon as I finish this web application, called Recipe Holder Online, I will be updating the downloadable version. It will eventually conenct to the online database and then make it possible for people to upload and download recipe's at the touch of a finger. Kind of like a Napster or Kazaa for recipe's but without all the spyware and illegal content...haha.

I would really like some input and criticisms - what you like, dont like, or what to add, etc.

Thank you all that are willing to help me out!

Russ
grantmasterflash

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2006 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You could let people know which OS the local version is for considering not everyone uses Windows.

Suggestion #1.
Make the API open so other software developers can add it to their recipe programs

That's all for now... I'm sure I'll think of others later.

Grant
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cooking For Engineers Forum Index -> Tools, Equipment, and Gadgets All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum