Cooking For Engineers Forum Index Cooking For Engineers
Analytical cooking discussed.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Chicken Cordon Bleu

View previous topic :: View next topic  
kginther3

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 5:52 am    Post subject: Chicken Cordon Bleu Reply with quote

Does anyone have a good, hard to screw up recipe for chicken cordon bleu. In my understanding, the dish itself is not hard to make, it is just difficult trying to get all the cheese to stay inside and have a nice crunchy breading.

So I guess I am looking for tips on how to slice/pound and fold back up the chicken and what to use to bread it with.
jasweeten

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2008 1:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the two keys are 1) carefully pounding out the chicken so you have enough surface area to fully enclose and wrap around the stuffing, and 2) being careful to not over-stuff. Use toothpicks to secure the wrapped chicken during cooking if you have too - they can always be removed before presentation.

As for the breading, I would dip each piece in egg and dredge in dry breadcrumbs, place in a buttered dish with more butter drizzled over the top, and then bake.

It would also be nice to finish off with a cream sauce. One simple version is to gently simmer cream and broth with a splash of wine until slightly reduced and thickened.

Hope that helps!

Julie
rustan

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 9:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi there,

you can check my site at hhttp://kusinerongpinoy-barney.blogspot.com/2009/06/chicken-cordon-bleu.html. ive just created that chicken cordon bleu. its correct to have them pounded gently so that it would be flattened and wide enough to handle the fillings inside. although i haven't done that on my first try(on what is posted on my site), but ill try it next time, perfectly. oh btw, i also used toothpick. and i baked my cordon bleu. its not that crunchy but its healthier. Big smile
danicamoore

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2009 2:45 am    Post subject: Chicken Cordon Blue Reply with quote

I agree with rustan and julie. You can also cook it on oven if you want. Here are some tips. Don't pound the chicken too hard. They may get torn create holes and resulting to falling apart. prick toothpicks on each roll to keep the rolls intact.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cooking For Engineers Forum Index -> Recipes All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum